PDA

View Full Version : GOtta have one!

marsodude
04-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Yo dudes! marsodude here from Sunny South Central Florida! I play worship music with a Taylor 414CE, Rosewood sides and back, kind of a limited edition. I came across the Crowdster while looking for a T5 or a Chet SST. I have played both of them. I want the Crowdster but they seem kind of hard to find. Roy has been helping me out. I am looking for the Natural Quilted Maple top on a Mahagany back, maybe in a Plus model.

Do any of you run any pedals with the Crowdster? I need to be able to provide some crunch, etc.

Later,
marsodude

tom
04-08-2006, 11:36 AM
crowder uses a dl4 and blues driver with his but only a little. the plus would be better if you're after gainy sounds. the piezo alone has so much bottom that it feaks out gain pedals some. we have only shipped 6 or so plus's so they will be in short supply for a while.

marsodude
04-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Not really looking for gainy, just a bit of crunch. I currently use the the blues driver with the Taylor but there is a very fine line on that ole feedback thing! Sounds like I need to give up on the Plus. I can't stand to wait any longer!

Allamricn
04-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Welcome aboard !!! Probably not exactly what you're looking for but, I use a DL4 and a Fulltone ChoralFlange with mine. Have experimented a little with a couple OD/ Distortion type effects--but not much success at a clean sound. The Crowdster is a great sounding instrument on its own !!! The Crowdster Plus seems very interesting to me once they're on the market....
Bob

marsodude
04-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Allamricn, I understand. I just want to sound a bit different the the guy playing pure acoustic and the guy thying to find the right note on his Gibson SG!

Suriel Zayas
04-08-2006, 12:53 PM
welcome aboard. i have one and i love it, however, the front of house engineers i work with on tour love it even more.

Stys
04-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Eddie's Guitars has a natrural Crowdster (01-07-05A).

www.eddiesguitars.com

tom
04-08-2006, 04:13 PM
if you want to try some pushed sounds, i would pull the bass back a bit. feedback won't be an issue.

marsodude
04-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Stys, the unit at Eddie's is on Alder, I really have my heart set on the Quilted look like this one...http://www.massstreetmusic.com/show_indv.php?item=02011&img=3.

Tom, looks like I am going to have to order what I want. I am being told 4 months on delivery. Any recommendations on which shop I should place the order thru?

tom
04-09-2006, 12:02 AM
not really, local is always a plus.

marsodude
04-09-2006, 03:14 PM
What's this I hear about a brochure?

marsodude
04-09-2006, 08:37 PM
The first shop that calls me back tomorrow morning will get my order for a new Crowdster with hopefully a killer Quilt Maple top on Mahogany. I really would like to get a plus but don't want to wait six months!

Tom, speaking for myself and probably everyone else on here, we really appreciate you being so available to answer our questions! Roy ain't too shabby either!

tom
04-09-2006, 10:55 PM
glad to help. the plus would not take any longer for a custom order.