PDA

View Full Version : question for Tom ?? maple necks

West
04-07-2006, 03:26 AM
I love maple necks,looks and feel :) both my hollow classic and my drop top have them,but for a while i've noticed little pin prick indentations all over the fret board and back of the neck,you do have to look close,at first i thought it was woodworm :D is it just the laquer settling,is it anything to worry about :confused: it is worse on the older guitar (97) this is not a wind up!,i might try and post some pic's.

While i'm asking ;) whats the anderson policy on getting a new neck,my neck carves arn't exactly what i would have chosen,small v and .30 oversize but i love my guitars.

many thanx cheers West.

tom
04-07-2006, 10:32 AM
i'm sure it's just a finish thing, not the wood. we sand the back of the neck, so are there less on the back than front?
neck replacements are $500 which gets the new neck installed and playing like new. that would also get you stainless frets since that's all we do now. it would also get you headstock adjust.

Suriel Zayas
04-07-2006, 12:20 PM
however, don't forget to mention you keep the old neck.

tom
04-07-2006, 12:23 PM
here's all the rules.
Here is the procedure for replacing the neck on your Anderson guitar. Necks are exchanged, so you don't get the old one back. The cost is $500, solid rosewood necks are an additional $280, and that gets you the neck of your choice, finished and installed on your guitar, playing like a brand new Anderson guitar. This is how it goes. You send us the order for the neck along with a check for $500. We make the neck, it takes about 5 weeks. We notify you that we are ready for your guitar. When it arrives we do the final fitting of the new neck to the body. When that is done we finish, install and setup the new neck. After the guitar has sat for one week under string tension, we recheck the setup and send it to you. You are responsible for the return freight. We will have the guitar for about three weeks. If you have any other questions please let me know. tom

shadco
04-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Boy it would be nice to get that type of treatment from F****r.

But that's one of the reasons we play Anderson's isn't it.

West
04-07-2006, 02:34 PM
here's all the rules.
Here is the procedure for replacing the neck on your Anderson guitar. Necks are exchanged, so you don't get the old one back. The cost is $500, solid rosewood necks are an additional $280, and that gets you the neck of your choice, finished and installed on your guitar, playing like a brand new Anderson guitar. This is how it goes. You send us the order for the neck along with a check for $500. We make the neck, it takes about 5 weeks. We notify you that we are ready for your guitar. When it arrives we do the final fitting of the new neck to the body. When that is done we finish, install and setup the new neck. After the guitar has sat for one week under string tension, we recheck the setup and send it to you. You are responsible for the return freight. We will have the guitar for about three weeks. If you have any other questions please let me know. tom

Thanx for the info tom,
thats a great service you offer,sorting the guitar out as a whole,and making sure every thing is ok and the ss frets are great got them on my buscarino,here's the rub,i'm in the uk,it cost me a lot to ship my andy's from the states,but there and back,plus i'd have to pay 21% customs and duty,eek :eek: Mmmmmmm.

cheers West.

tom
04-07-2006, 02:38 PM
that does complicate life quite a bit. unfortunately i don't have a solution for over seas guitars. we have done a few, but the costs are high. i believe there is a way around the vat if it is sent with papers stating it is going for repair, but i don't know the details.

West
04-07-2006, 02:57 PM
that does complicate life quite a bit. unfortunately i don't have a solution for over seas guitars. we have done a few, but the costs are high. i believe there is a way around the vat if it is sent with papers stating it is going for repair, but i don't know the details.

This maybe A little nieve,but cant the old neck just be sent back and the new one sent over,and i could have sorted out over here,i've dealt with rick at sounds great,roy sorted a pickup and some bit's for me via rick,forgive if it just wouldnt work that way. :)

cheers West.

tom
04-07-2006, 04:07 PM
we have done that a couple times for over seas exchanges. it would mean that the nut would have to be cut over there, and neck fit might have to be adjusted slightly. we would do the finish and fret work.

West
04-08-2006, 03:11 AM
we have done that a couple times for over seas exchanges. it would mean that the nut would have to be cut over there, and neck fit might have to be adjusted slightly. we would do the finish and fret work.

Thanx for ALL the info Tom,it's certainly something for me to consider when the time is wright ;)

cheers West.