PDA

View Full Version : Sansamp Classic Stompbox

Casper
03-30-2006, 12:55 PM
An old friend showed up to my gig the other night and we were discussing the love/hate things about our rigs. He said he has used a Sansamp Classic pedal for years and it is the last gain pedal he will ever buy. I was shocked. I had heard of them, but never tried one. My tech let me take one home the other night to try and so far...its pretty damn impressive! (at least in the practice room) You can tweak these little dip switches to shape your gain, plus amp voicing! I think I am going to buy this little gem....(getting tired of the modeling thing) This thing, "they say" is all analog!!!
Anybody out there with one care to expound or share their experience? Tech21 in nyc makes it..
Love to hear what y'all think....?
Shaun

GaryMcT
03-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Sansamp works great as a quick and dirty way to get a decent guitar tone recorded. . way way better than the modelling stuff that I've tried. It is all analog. . . mosfet I believe.

tom
03-30-2006, 02:54 PM
jesse here has one of their od's, i think it's the double drive,not sure if it's the same thing. he likes the sound but says it's noisy and is not true bypass and really messes with the sound when off. there are lots of great analog od's. i've tried several modelers and not been happy with them.

dannopelli
03-30-2006, 10:40 PM
I think that the Barber and Hermida stuff is better. Yes you can do a lot of shaping but how often are you going to bend over to adjust during a gig. Just my .02 Shaun. Might want to get say a BB and a AC drive. Crunch and High Gain. Or an AC drive and a Mosferatu.

And the Tech 21 stuff I beleive is not true bypass.

Casper
03-31-2006, 06:41 AM
Thanks everyone. My tech is kind enough to let me try stuff out, so I will give it a whirl this weekend. Modeler pedals lack.....something!
I play differently without mine...better, but different too. I think its dynamics and presence that these things lack. Its not just my sturdy ol' Digitech, its line6 and boss too. I just liked the sound I got out of the sansamp. If it translates into gigs...I can work around the true bypass thing.
Thanks for your input.
Shaun

West
04-01-2006, 02:53 AM
An old friend showed up to my gig the other night and we were discussing the love/hate things about our rigs. He said he has used a Sansamp Classic pedal for years and it is the last gain pedal he will ever buy. I was shocked. I had heard of them, but never tried one. My tech let me take one home the other night to try and so far...its pretty damn impressive! (at least in the practice room) You can tweak these little dip switches to shape your gain, plus amp voicing! I think I am going to buy this little gem....(getting tired of the modeling thing) This thing, "they say" is all analog!!!
Anybody out there with one care to expound or share their experience? Tech21 in nyc makes it..
Love to hear what y'all think....?
Shaun

Much along the lines as everyone has said,i had one of these THE first original one years ago,it sounded great for recording,especially when tracked,it's probably a bit fiddely live, those dip switches are small,and the bypass issue has been mentioned,i've read So much about that ZENDRIVE pedal? i'd like to get one for that dumble-ish kind of sound but i believe there is a large queue waiting :D

cheers West.

billyguitar
04-05-2006, 02:00 PM
I remember liking the Sansamp Classic but I never bought one. I did buy and sell the GT-2, terrible!

Casper
04-06-2006, 05:30 AM
It didn't work for me. I found it to be noisy and not cut through sonically. Great for practiceroom though..Oh well, something else to take our money will come along... :rolleyes:

Shaun