PDA

View Full Version : Heritage 535

West
03-30-2006, 06:44 AM
I have a heritage 535 antique burst,for those larry/robben moments :D it's stock any tips ? tonepros intonation/stop tail piece ? pickups,just read about lindy fralin unbuckers ? i would really like to get it feitenized also,anyone ever owned one or know of any great Tweaks?

cheers West ;)

Woodash
03-31-2006, 07:42 PM
Seymour Duncan Seth Lover's are great in that guitar.

West
04-01-2006, 02:42 AM
Seymour Duncan Seth Lover's are great in that guitar.

Thanx for that W ;) the other seymours that have been mentioned to me are JB(bridge) 59 (neck) wonder how they compare to the seth's? i mentioned the fralin unbuckers as i believe they are supposed to split well,for those mid toggle funky moments :D

cheers West.

Woodash
04-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Thanx for that W ;) the other seymours that have been mentioned to me are JB(bridge) 59 (neck) wonder how they compare to the seth's? i mentioned the fralin unbuckers as i believe they are supposed to split well,for those mid toggle funky moments :D

Well, I can't help you with all of this. All I can say that if you're looking for a 'vintage-styple PAF' pickup, the Seth Lover is a great choice. You can dial so many tones in with these things. Clean, the neck is warm but clear and the bridge is bright and crisp. Driven, both pups growl with nice overtones.

For lack of a better description - a warm, woody yet snappy tone.

West
04-02-2006, 03:10 AM
Well, I can't help you with all of this. All I can say that if you're looking for a 'vintage-styple PAF' pickup, the Seth Lover is a great choice. You can dial so many tones in with these things. Clean, the neck is warm but clear and the bridge is bright and crisp. Driven, both pups growl with nice overtones.

For lack of a better description - a warm, woody yet snappy tone.

Many Thanx i'll do some research ;)

cheers West.

Janine Doubly
04-12-2006, 08:57 AM
The Fralin Unbuckers are great for old school PAF tones. Similar to Seth Lovers, they are low in output (VERY different than SD JB's) and have a nice sparkle and smooth midrange. Like old PAF's, the Unbuckers have un-even wound coils (usually 4K and 5K coils) so they aren't FULLY hum-cancelling (most old PAF's aren't either), about 80% humcancelling, but they retain more of the top end sparkle, because less top end gets cancelled out when the two coils are combined. Plus, if you are going to tap them, they will retain more of their power if you use the hotter of the two coils. To me, they are the best PAF style pickup out there. The top end is sparkly, but not harsh. IMO, the Duncans can get harsh sometimes, in some guitars. Plus, the Fralins are wax potted, Lovers are not, so if you get into Carlton/Ford/Dumble land, they won't squeal. I would get an 8K/9K set in four conductor. If you don't mind a little sqeal, ask for un-potted, I think they breath a bit more, but its a VERY slight difference. Also, talk to Lindy, he can help out with any tone questions.

West
04-12-2006, 09:27 AM
The Fralin Unbuckers are great for old school PAF tones. Similar to Seth Lovers, they are low in output (VERY different than SD JB's) and have a nice sparkle and smooth midrange. Like old PAF's, the Unbuckers have un-even wound coils (usually 4K and 5K coils) so they aren't FULLY hum-cancelling (most old PAF's aren't either), about 80% humcancelling, but they retain more of the top end sparkle, because less top end gets cancelled out when the two coils are combined. Plus, if you are going to tap them, they will retain more of their power if you use the hotter of the two coils. To me, they are the best PAF style pickup out there. The top end is sparkly, but not harsh. IMO, the Duncans can get harsh sometimes, in some guitars. Plus, the Fralins are wax potted, Lovers are not, so if you get into Carlton/Ford/Dumble land, they won't squeal. I would get an 8K/9K set in four conductor. If you don't mind a little sqeal, ask for un-potted, I think they breath a bit more, but its a VERY slight difference. Also, talk to Lindy, he can help out with any tone questions.

Thanx JD,
for that extremely detailed yet concise review,i certainly have something to ponder now :D and i take your point about Some SD's being harsh. ;)

cheers West.

Woodash
04-16-2006, 10:22 AM
Yes, the Duncan Seth Lover pickups are true to original PAF pickups in that they are not potted - at all. Perhaps that - and the fact that they're also somewhat lower gain pups - is why I find them to give great harmonics and touch sensitivity with an edginess and woody character that is particularly sweet in a semi-hollow guitar. I haven't had any problem with microphonics running away on me, even at stage volume and high gain.

Lots of stuff out there - find what works for you.

Sixx
04-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Check out the Duncan Antiquities as well. They sound great!

Sir Ricardo
04-17-2006, 10:17 AM
I put a set of Fralin P-92s in my PRS Custom 22. The guitar now sounds brighter and more detailed than before, when it had the stock Dragon 1 pickups.

The P-92s can't be split, so a 3-way switch will give you all the options.

If you like a highly detailed, fairly bright tone, these pickups will deliver.

cheers -

Richard
http://www.fralinpickups.com/humbuckers.asp#p92
===========================================