PDA

View Full Version : Fret size

BFC
01-19-2004, 08:57 PM
What are the measurements on the various stainless fret choices? Also, do they all have the same pyramid profile as the heavy frets? (I'm only familiar with the heavy)

tom
01-20-2004, 01:57 PM
heavies are .110"x.053" tall, triangular shape
mediums .090x.055" tall, normal round shape
small .080x.043" tall, normal round shape

BFC
01-29-2004, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to try the small stainless steel on my new Classic. I'm hoping the flatter radius and the slick feel of the stainless will allow for good bend-ability without the bumpy feel of the bigger frets.

mbrown3
01-29-2004, 10:16 AM
I'll just give my two thumbs up for the heavies, though one of the best draws of TAs is the stainless frets. I have a Baker B1 that is the best LP style guitar I've played (complements my Hollow DT Classic), but my only complaint is the lack of stainless frets. Wish more people would use them, not many people even offer it as an upcharge.

tom
01-29-2004, 06:31 PM
one caution on the smalls. if you put them on a solid maple neck you lose seveal thousanths more because of the finish on the fingerboard. that makes them pretty tiny.

BFC
01-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Thanks, I'm going to do Indian Rosewood on this one so it should be okay. The other thing that comes to mind is that most of the guitars I see with small frets (such as stock vintage reissue Fender) aren't anywhere near the same level as what the guys at Anderson do with fretwork. It looks like most of the reissue type stuff gets a rudimentary fret leveling and that's it.