PDA

View Full Version : Memphis Made Tele !

Kevin
03-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Have any of you guys ever heard of St. Blues Guitars? They were made by a store here in Memphis back in the early 80's. They had some big name endorsees like 38 Special, Billy Squire, and even had a Eric Clapton prototype ready to go till his management messed things up. A lot of people used these back in the 80's. They were top quality guitars back in the day and are getting very hard to find. I sold my last one on ebay for $1,000 (to help finance my Crowdster!) See ebay seller Ellisdude completed auctions.

Anyway there is another one on ebay right now. I have no relation to this auction. I just was wondering if anyone had ever heard of these. they really are awesome guitars for the money.
http://cgi.ebay.com/St-Blues-Vintage-Bluesmaster_W0QQitemZ7402034456QQcategoryZ2384QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

tom
03-26-2006, 04:43 PM
yes, i know the guys at strings and things there that did that brand. those old ones wer done in japan. they have brought back the brand. they debuted it at the january show. great guys.

sean
03-29-2006, 10:25 AM
I remember the St.Blues guitars.I worked in a pro music shop from '84 to '89 and played a few we had at the store.I always thought they were cool guitars.I did not know they were made in Japan though.I think they sold for around $500 or so.I can't remember exactly.I would not mind owning one if the price was right.Back then the San Dimas Charvel/Jackson guitars were all the rage(I owned two).I remember a little more about them.