PDA

View Full Version : FS: 8 ohm THD HotPlate & Fulltone '69 pedal

guitarzan
03-17-2006, 06:00 PM
hotplate is in good conditon and works great. I just sold my Fuchs Lucky 7 rig that I was using with the HotPlate and don't need it anymore.
$220 shipped conus and paypal'd.

Traders Welcome: I'd be willign to trade this for a trans-black hollow cobra- any pup configuration works fine.

Suriel Zayas
03-17-2006, 11:35 PM
corey, you beat me, i thought i held the record for getting rid of that pedal. i picked it up one afternoon and by the following morning it was gone in a hurry. and by the way, i'm in line before you for that cobra. unless we figure out a way to hollow out a solid cobra, justin's is safe, but i'll take it anyway.

olectric
03-17-2006, 11:42 PM
i'm in line before you for that cobra. unless we figure out a way to hollow out a solid cobra, justin's is safe, but i'll take it anyway.

You're not talking about me, are you?

Corey--I'm bringing a special beverage treat on Tuesday. You. will. love. it.

guitarzan
03-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Justin,
oh. you're trying to outdo the staff at Casa de Witt? I'll have my own frosty beverage surprise waiting for y'all.

guitarzan
03-18-2006, 12:53 AM
corey, you beat me, i thought i held the record for getting rid of that pedal. i picked it up one afternoon and by the following morning it was gone in a hurry. and by the way, i'm in line before you for that cobra. unless we figure out a way to hollow out a solid cobra, justin's is safe, but i'll take it anyway.

Yeah, I had it long enough to know that it's not what I need. I sold the 40-acre pedalboard, so now i have to be judicious about what stays and what goes. I tried to sell the zendrive yesterday but I pulled the auction after about an hour because I sat and played the pedal through a handwired deluxe reverb just to say goodbye in peace and it was tonal bliss. Don't worry, tho, the Lone Star is staying put. It just has a new cousin now. :) Not to mention, the Workhorse Amp is supposed to show up on my doorstep in the next couple of weeks. I'll be back up to surplus in no time at all...

To answer your post from TGP, things in the household are going great. I sold a BUNCH of gear and put the money into the house (help with the redecoration/remodel, bought a new couch, etc.) so I'm on good footing with the GAS Police.

Re: help with html stuff, just shoot me an email and we can talk over whatever you need help with.

I've been meaning to ask you, what was the verdict on the 1x10 combo we both ordered? I dug mine from across the room, but the fit & finish was a little loose for my tastes. It was a nice experiment for me, but it left before the speaker ever broke in. I think that turned into a new cab for the LSS, or maybe that was the short romance with the Lucky 7. Anyway, it's gone, and I'm in GAS rehab these days. They show me pictures of ink splotches and if I see anything other than gear that I already own, they gimme a little shocky-shock. :eek: I can't tell if it's working or not...

Suriel Zayas
03-18-2006, 09:34 AM
I've been meaning to ask you, what was the verdict on the 1x10 combo we both ordered?
guilty as charged, and sentenced to a life of tonal-hardship in an out-of-state facility. what i intended it for, it fit the bill just ok. small sound in a cute package. however, as you mentioned i was totally disapointed with the workmanship. by the way, it looks great when looking at it from an airplane, but upclose, yikes. not that i judge everything by anderson workmanship standards, God forbid, but. i paid a $40 premium for "hot rod sparkle," but i couldn't see a flake for my life, not even using a magnifying glass. another thing that really bothered me was cut-out for the speaker, it was never finished, just plain ol' sloppy. mine just sat there unused until i moved it a few weeks ago.

i almost forgot, someone please buy this geeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr from corey.

chasyboy
03-19-2006, 09:13 AM
I'd been wanting to try one of these pedals for a couple of years.....

Regarding the 69' I think lots of people have had the same experience with this pedal. I got mine in the second year of production and it sat in a box for several years until I found it again. I tried to stick it in a board several times but just couldn't get a sound I liked.....THEN....I read a couple of posts that said to run it in Sag mode on something...at the time I had a Fulltone Power Supply - wow....what a difference. Now I run it at about 6.5 volts on the PedalPower AND it is FIRST in my chain...(learned that from ToneLounge)... Fuzzes are just hard to play...I'm just learning them (never been a big Hendrix guy) but now I LOVE this pedal. You can get the dark sustain, clearly Germanium fuzzy sounds with clarity (because of the sag). I think I'm going to get a Analogman Sun Face now...in fact, check out the difference in using cheap batteries vs. expensive ones on the analogman site...shows the difference in clarity... Then check out Greg V's Sun Face demo...THAT's more like what my 69 sounds like now. It also loves to play with any other gain pedal in my rig....sometimes I set it on low fuzz and use it as a compressed boost. I know how you guys feel....but this was a found discovery and if you have the time to mess with it...you may find it's a flavor that you just can't get with anything but a fuzz.

guitarzan
03-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Regarding the 69' I think lots of people have had the same experience with this pedal. I got mine in the second year of production and it sat in a box for several years until I found it again. I tried to stick it in a board several times but just couldn't get a sound I liked.....THEN....I read a couple of posts that said to run it in Sag mode on something...at the time I had a Fulltone Power Supply - wow....what a difference. Now I run it at about 6.5 volts on the PedalPower AND it is FIRST in my chain...(learned that from ToneLounge)... Fuzzes are just hard to play...I'm just learning them (never been a big Hendrix guy) but now I LOVE this pedal. You can get the dark sustain, clearly Germanium fuzzy sounds with clarity (because of the sag). I think I'm going to get a Analogman Sun Face now...in fact, check out the difference in using cheap batteries vs. expensive ones on the analogman site...shows the difference in clarity... Then check out Greg V's Sun Face demo...THAT's more like what my 69 sounds like now. It also loves to play with any other gain pedal in my rig....sometimes I set it on low fuzz and use it as a compressed boost. I know how you guys feel....but this was a found discovery and if you have the time to mess with it...you may find it's a flavor that you just can't get with anything but a fuzz.

The '69 thanks you for sparing its life for a short while longer. I'll try it with a PP2 just to see if it's what the doctor ordered....

olectric
03-19-2006, 10:49 AM
My Finnish buddy UJ loves his '69 as well. He's really into sounds that are very strange...he's got an guitar-based electronica/funk project that is pretty cool. Anyway, his favorite sounds with the '69 are using it in front of a MicroSynth and/or Frequency Analyzer. It's pretty nasty, but in a cool way. He also uses cheap batteries.

One of his favorite new sounds with that pedal is found by placing it <i>post</i>-reverb. He has an Intellifex unit that he uses for all his reverbs (it's the only thing in the FX loop of his amp; his pedalboard runs through the front end of the amp), and sometimes he takes the '69 off his board and puts it in the return path of his Intellifex. It's a very different and very nasty sound.

guitarzan
03-19-2006, 10:10 PM

if the '69 is a POSITIVE center, how does it work with the PP2? I thought that the ports were all neg. center?

chasyboy
03-21-2006, 01:07 PM
if the '69 is a POSITIVE center, how does it work with the PP2? I thought that the ports were all neg. center?

You have to get the right connector from Voodoo. It costs like $5.00 if I remember right. Yeah, don't try to plug anything else in...YIKES.

BT