PDA

View Full Version : Strat Selling Strategy ??

shadco
03-16-2006, 12:41 PM
As the arrival day of my new TAG CLassic approaches I need to decide how to part with my Current Strat.

As it exists at the moment it's on 05 Fender AV62'RI in oly white.

It has a set of custom wound OC Duff vintage style pups with the middle one RWRP these are a noticible improvement over the std non RWRP singles that come in it.

It also has a Callaham Vintage Trem installed, this is a much more minor upgrade since the original bridge is pretty good.

It's setup with a tortise PG installed instead of the original mint one.

Do I post it with the mods and included the original stuff which I have

or

would most of the buying public rather see it with the original bits installed??

Now

http://www.pbase.com/shadco/image/51417712/medium.jpg

Then

http://www.pbase.com/shadco/image/50289613/medium.jpg

John C
03-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Shadco - this is kind of a wishy-washy answer, but it might depend on where you try to sell the Strat.

I suspect you would get the best price on it as-is (with the upgrades) by putting it up for sale on places like The Gear Page (I'm pretty sure you're also a member there) where the members are knowledgeable about the upgraged parts. However, I suspect that if you have to go the eBay route you would do better selling the guitar stock and selling the upgrade parts separately.

dannopelli
03-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Shadco - this is kind of a wishy-washy answer, but it might depend on where you try to sell the Strat.

I suspect you would get the best price on it as-is (with the upgrades) by putting it up for sale on places like The Gear Page (I'm pretty sure you're also a member there) where the members are knowledgeable about the upgraged parts. However, I suspect that if you have to go the eBay route you would do better selling the guitar stock and selling the upgrade parts separately.

I sell a ton of stuff on ebay. I would definitely ditto that!

shadco
03-20-2006, 03:14 PM
So I spent some time yesterday returning it to stock.

It took 5 minutes to sell the calaham block. I'm gonna keep the OC Duff pups til I get my Classic, I think I'll like the classic as it's ordered but I did spec a spare pickguard so it won't be hard to give the Duff's a whirl. Think I'll put the strat on the block in about 2 weeks.

HiG
03-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Shadco, I just PM'd you.