PDA

View Full Version : Cobra S vs American Strat Deluxe

Tremendo
03-09-2006, 09:02 PM
I've done a couple gigs with nothing but my '04 American Strat Deluxe. It's a pretty versatile guitar, and has worked pretty well through my Boogie Mark III.

At band practice the other day I brought my Hot Rod Deluxe and plugged this strat straight in. Clean, the strat sounded OK, distorted sounded just crappy. Weak, cheesy, nothing smooth, no tone, etc. I could never get it to sound good. So yesterday, with everything else the exact same, I switched guitars for my '05 Cobra S with 2 M1's and an H2+. Night and day sound wise. The clean was an awesome full strat tone, and distorted was functional. With the H2+ distorted sounded very good even straight into that amp. I'm enjoying this guitar more and more as I play it. Oh yeah, and it's "purty"....

ctoddrun
03-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Cool, Tom.

Good to hear that new one is giving you the goods.

Looking forward to a tone report on the new custom you're getting.

Tremendo
03-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Looking forward to a tone report on the new custom you're getting.

Yeah, that one's been a long time in the making. The artist should be painting it hopefully this week. The body has got the base coat and the neck is all done. "SPLATZ".

knockonwood
03-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Lovely Cobra S - havent ever tried one, but I have the H2+ in my HDTC. I always liked the look of the wood and wicker boogies - I can just imagine the Cobra would sing thru that! Excellent eye candy for a friday morning!

Peter