PDA

View Full Version : Developing, tweaking, refining... Hey Tom?

ctoddrun
03-09-2006, 12:31 PM
I remember being led to a part of PRS's website a long while back to a picture of a brown, plain-jane looking prototype that Mr Smith used as he was developing his guitar line.

You could see the multiple pick-up ring holes and other evidence of his trial and errors as he modified the guitar.

I was wondering (well, the Atom thread where you talked about swapping pickups got me thinking about it) do you have a few guitars that are like that?

Would you show us gear head type people some of those pics?

I know you make guitars for yourself, as I have seen them for sale after you've moved on, but I was just thinking you might have a similar Frankenstien type creation or two we could gawk at.

Thanks!

tom
03-09-2006, 12:55 PM
there are a few whacky things around form the old days. it seems like for the past 5-10 years, i end up maiking real guitars most of the time because they sound different than raw stuff. i will try to gather together some of the old stuuf and get some photos. i still haven't figured how to post them yet, maybe i'll just be lazy and let one of you post them ;)

ctoddrun
03-09-2006, 01:12 PM
email them and I'll host/post them.

bishop2332@yahoo.com

(cool!)

mtucker
03-11-2006, 10:21 AM
johnny morch, a high quality Danish builder has an interesting approach to p/up selection on some of his standard models provided you can make it to his shop. You can mix and match till your heart is content, makes some sense. NOt new news to some , I'm sure ... but his demo room came to mind when you referenced PRS ...

Didn't mean to hijack this thread.