PDA

View Full Version : Atom and an Ebow

brian b
03-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Ok playing ast night at practice and have a part that requires an Ebow. Just could not find a sweet spot for it. Tried it just over the back edge of the neck pickup and it just seemed to die all the time. Meaning it acted just like it was turned off. Did not move it or anything. Happen to have my son's LP there picked it up and worked great. Any suggestion it just seem like the pickup did not like it. Tone was great when it worked.

tom
03-07-2006, 08:02 PM
used mine this weekend with an m1 in the neck and it was perfect. which neck pickup do you have? i used to use my cobra with an h1+ and it worked great as well. i always run my tone all the way off for the ebow, and i am using that old chrome one.

tom
03-07-2006, 08:03 PM
i use placement to control volume and treble. the closer to the pickup, the more treble. i'm usually 1/2-1" away from the neck pickup.

brian b
03-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Have a H1 in the neck and I do roll the tone all the way back, but was over or just on the edge of the pickup. Will move back like you said. I remember the chrome one glad it still works.

tom
03-07-2006, 10:22 PM
i find if i get right over the pickup, the ebow can get a bit confused. it has plenty of output when you pull it back. i pretty much ride the volume pedal when i'm on the ebow. i think i get more compliments on the ebow than anything else i play. most non guitar players have no idea what it is. one of my friends call it the stapler thing.

Janine Doubly
03-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Its nice to see others using the Ebow. I use mine every Christmas on my acoustic(!) of all things, for Silent Night. Most people have no idea what it is. Using it on the high E string on an acoustic it sounds like a flute. Haven't gotten around to using it on electric since I don't have a volume pedal. What song(s) do you use it on at church, Tom?

tom
03-08-2006, 04:21 PM
mostly ballads, breathe comes to mind. i do a harmony line to the vocal. agnus dei is another cool one. we do a not quite so rocky version of that song and again it sounds cool doing harmony to the female vocal. sometimes i'll just noodle between songs while the leader changes guitars or just for a quiet interlude.