PDA

View Full Version : FS: Top Hat Emplexador 50 and 2 x 12 cab

robberns
03-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Time for some spring cleaning....
Up for sale is a 2002 Top Hat hand-wired 50-watt Emplexador head and SD-212CB (closed-back) 2 x 12 Cabinet. Tubes are about a year old and have about 10-hours playing time on them. Both are in MINT condition and include StudioSlips padded covers (clamshell cover for the head). Have never been gigged, kept in a smoke-free house. $2000.00 firm, no trades. Cash or money order preferred, but PayPal okay if you add the 2.5% they charge me.
I'd prefer a local sale since these would be expensive to ship. I will deliver if you are in New England and we can find someplace to meet.
Emplexador head has 2 x EL34, 2 x 12AX7 and 1 x ECC83 tubes.
Controls are: Gain, Master volume, Treble, Midrange, Bass and Presence controls and "Normal/Boost", "Treble/Fat" switches.
Rear panel features: Variable line out, impedance selector (4,8,16 ohms), 2- speaker outputs.

Cabinet has 1 x Celestion G12H 30w and 1 x Celestion G12 Vintage 30. Also has casters.
Images can be found at: http://photobucket.com/albums/d103/robberns/For%20Sale/
From the Top Hat website:
"The TopHat Emplexador is so versatile, it's perfect for the Vintage Marshall enthusiast who loves everything that they used to make, but can't decide which model to buy. And, for the live performer or studio player who needs to be able to get those classic "Plexi" sounds and a modern overdrive all in one amplifier. The Emplexador has it all!
The Emplexador TE-E50 feature a traditional hi/lo input with* selectable voicing between "Vintage" and "Modern". The first mode, labeled "Vintage", is based on a 1968 "Plexi" with a few twists thrown in for added versatility! We've added the ability to engage/disengage the "Bright Boost" bypass cap of a Classic '72 era amp as well as a switch to provide the fatter front end of a JTM 45. The master volume control also provides greater drive control in both modes. The second voicing, labeled "Modern", is designed to attain the best overdrive sound available with tons of gain and sustain while still offering some ability to have the amp clean up when your guitar is turned down.
*We've recently added two switches to the front panel features.*
The first switch labeled "Normal-Boost" (replaces the pull-boost function on the earlier models) with the boost mode providing additional gain in the higher frequencies. This provides the '69-'72 era bright/crunchy response. (Remember the effect is diminished as the gain knob is turned up) The Normal mode allows the amp to be full and warm at lower gain knob settings.
The second switch labeled "Treble-Fat" allows the player to choose between the gain structure of a fat JTM 45 (early/mid 60's) and a more treble-y JMP 50 (later 60's).
Together with all these tonal options a player can really dial-in almost any classic "British Tone" from clean and bright to hot and overdriven."

robberns
03-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Now on Fleabay.....

robberns
03-17-2006, 06:31 PM
Just put up on Gear Page, head alone for $1400 with Studio Slips cover.

LonestarGtr
03-17-2006, 09:28 PM
pm sent

Mike

guitarzan
03-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Mike, if you pull the trigger on this one, LoneStar willl again become my favorite country band. I'll send word to Jimmy over at Diamond Rio just as soon as the TopHat ships.

:)

LonestarGtr
03-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Oh the pressure...

I'm seriously considering it, if for no other reason...

guitarzan
03-18-2006, 12:08 AM
hey, that's one more fan to buy another copy of the new record. And a few tickets to hear that Emplexador as part of the Summer Tour Mike Britt Rig O' Destruction.

By the way, I found out that my buddy, Dave, is writing with Richie off and on these days. It's a small world.

LonestarGtr
03-18-2006, 12:21 AM
Rig O' Destruction, huh? I guess I could sell tickets for a rig tour during soundchecks to fund my inability to leave well enough alone habit. I haven't played through a Top Hat, much less an Emplexiadiorithingajig. Question: Will it beat up my '72 Marshall JMP if it met it in a dark alley? The thing I love about my Marshall is that it has great overdrive and sustain, but the note itself is very clean and pure. The only things I'd change about it is having a good-sounding master volume circuit and maybe a little more bottom and perhaps a little more jcm800 type gain as well. Not too much to ask, huh?

And yes, very small world. I can't keep up with who Richie writes with. That boy is always writing. Right now, he's probably writing...

guitarzan
03-18-2006, 12:31 AM
The good news is that Rooster and Joe Don have raised the bar for you so NOTHING seems excessive anymore. I'm thinking that you should have some scantily-clad trapeze ladies that swing around your guitar rig whenever you're on the main stage. And maybe a couple white tigers.

To answer your question about the Emplexador, yes and probably. It's a great sounding brit-voiced amp (no pun intended) that is versatile enough to cover multiple eras of Marshall sounds. And if it's not enough of one thing or too much of another, Brian Gerhard (mr. TopHat) is very accessible and would most likely be willing to make changes accordingly. And since he moved from here in SoCal to the Carolinas, he's closer to your neck of the woods.

LonestarGtr
03-18-2006, 01:03 AM
I have to admit, Rooster is very good at adding pretty lights to guitar rigs... But seriously, that is one huge roadcase. I thought mine was big. I haven't seen them live to hear the rig yet. You gotta admit though, that I get kudos for having more variety in my amp selection... Now, all I need is a TopHat...

guitarzan
03-18-2006, 01:17 AM
You get the trophy for tasteful variety. He gets the "Oh My God It's Coming Towards Us!!" Award. It's splitting hairs at this point, but I'd much rather have a broader tonal palette than the Bazooka Rig.