PDA

View Full Version : New Koa HDT

dkaplowitz
03-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Took the day off for a drive to Magdon to pick this baby up today. More great work from Tom and the gang. Thanks guys! Your guitars are a real pleasure to play. I've barely scratched the surface of figuring out all the sounds (in fact I've only been playing it clean through my Rambler since I got home) but so far it's a real versatile sounding guitar.

And as always, dealing with Jack at Magdon is great. Real standup guy every step of the way. Thanks Jack! ;) And nice chattin' with you today.

Cheers,

Dave

http://www02.homepage.villanova.edu/david.kaplowitz/images/guits/HDTfull.jpg
http://www02.homepage.villanova.edu/david.kaplowitz/images/guits/HDTfull_back.jpg

olectric
03-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Aw man, that is awesome! Congrats on the new HDT!

Dave K
03-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Fantastic!!!!!!! Enjoy the weekend with your new HDT. ;)

enr1co
03-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Congrats on the koa! Its a beauty!

e

Allamricn
03-03-2006, 08:21 PM
GREAT looking instrument !!! Enjoy your new HDT

Suriel Zayas
03-03-2006, 08:32 PM
dave, glad to see you around here again. you got a real winner there. beautiful instrument! enjoy it.

killerburst
03-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Congrats, Dave. She's a beauty!

Suriel Zayas
03-03-2006, 08:53 PM
dave, you are killing me! rosewood neck and no fret markers!! :eek: :eek:

bud
03-03-2006, 08:58 PM
That is sweeeet beyond words and the M's must sound spectacular.

Congrats

Now I have to go cry, having sold my HDTC with a Koa top, (no neck dots either)... sniff-sniff

dkaplowitz
03-03-2006, 11:00 PM
dave, you are killing me! rosewood neck and no fret markers!! :eek: :eek:

Hi Suriel. It's been ages, no? Nice to see you too.

I love the clean neck. I don't miss the fret markers at all. There are markers on the sides though, so I'm not sure how much I'm depending on them.

Thanks for everyone's comments!

Dave

chasyboy
03-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Just so you know....Tom was frowning the whole time about the lack of fret markers....he's funny that way.

Gorgeous guitar....and I am sorry that Bud sold his...the M's are so beautiful.

As Roy says.....Happy Playing!!!

dkaplowitz
03-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Just so you know....Tom was frowning the whole time about the lack of fret markers....he's funny that way.

Gorgeous guitar....and I am sorry that Bud sold his...the M's are so beautiful.

As Roy says.....Happy Playing!!!

Thanks for the comments. You should have seen those guys when I mentioned no side markers either. :eek: :D Tom may have been frowning about the markers, but I'm sure smiling about them.