PDA

View Full Version : Vintage '82 MIJ Washburn HB35 335 Clone

ddemusic
02-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Here's one from the time machine! Serial #020624 dates it to 1982 when Washburn was at the height of its quality. This 24 year old Made in Japan HB35 is in NEAR-MINT condition both structurally, electronically and finish-wise. Not a Scratch front or back on this Tobacco Sunburst! The neck, headstock and joint have no issues whatsoever - straight and tight. There is one very small dark spot in the wood by the bridge - NOT a burn.

This HB35 comes with all original hardware, pickups, ohsc etc.. The original brass bridge hardware is showing some signs of oxidation / pitting but is still completely functional as well. I'd give this guitar a 9+ rating on condition! It is darn-near pristine!

For those looking for a great sounding budget 335 clone to modify - THIS IS IT!. The original pickups sound great but a set of WCR's, Lollars or Duncan Antiquities would really make this baby sing, And while the tuners are perfectly functional, a set of Grovers and a Tone Pros bridge would make this a finer 335 style guitar than you could buy new today. These mods were what I had in mind when I bought her a month ago from the original owner. However, a Fuchs amp is calling my name so I'm thinning the heard.

I'm asking $850 shipped OBO via Paypal to the lower 48us. I would also would be happy to consider international shipping as well. I know that this is more than the new Washburns & Ibanez Artcores go for - but when you factor in the age of the wood, quality of the craftmanship, and condition of this vintage axe you'll agree that you are miles ahead of most new 335's out there.

Drop me an email at ddemusic@comcast.net and I'll be happy to send you pics tomorrow. I've got great references here as well as thegearpage.net. Please feel free to check out my almost 600 positive feedbacks @ ebay - I'm 1kidc at both places.

All the Best,
dd