PDA

View Full Version : Favorite strap.

OSCAR ZOROASTER
02-27-2006, 10:08 AM
What is the most comfortable strap you've worn? Not necesarily your sentimental choice, but the one you would chose to protect your shoulder and back for a 12 hour gig?

Suriel Zayas
02-27-2006, 10:31 AM
12 hour gig? :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:
my strap of choice is Moody Leather (www.moodyleather.com). don't ever recall doing a 12 hour gig, however, i do recall waiting +12 hours for 3 minute song.

tom
02-27-2006, 01:39 PM
i'm probably the only weirdo that loves the stretchy straps. i'm hooked on them and only have two to last me the rest of my life. you do have to be careful to not hit yourself in the chin if you get too rambunctious.

ctoddrun
02-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Tom,

I've got a blue stretchy No1 strap that I havent used in 20 years.

I dont mind donating it to your cause.

I'm a Moody guy myself. The leather on those are so nice. You really DO get what you pay for.

Todd

tom
02-27-2006, 03:35 PM
even though blue is not my color, i'd never turn down a stretchy strap. the 2 i have are white which is also not my favorite color. i'll trade you for a tshirt or strap if you would like.

ctoddrun
02-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Deal!

I'll get it in the mail tomorrow.

I always wanted an Anderson Tshirt.

(when I sent in my warranty info I took the strap option)

tom
02-27-2006, 04:22 PM
put a note in with what color and size. thanks

GaryMcT
02-27-2006, 05:22 PM
These are my favorite straps. . very very comfortable:

http://www.eyelandenterprises.com/

The one that holds picks is especially cool. (It helps that it has a bora bora burst drop top in their ads/labels. :) )

jisham
02-28-2006, 06:55 AM
www.eldoradostraps.com

Pricey but absolutely the most comfortable straps I've owned.

jimmieb
02-28-2006, 04:37 PM
:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:
my strap of choice is Moody Leather (www.moodyleather.com). don't ever recall doing a 12 hour gig, however, i do recall waiting +12 hours for 3 minute song.

Wow, I just finished looking over their website. Suriel, you definately have the best taste around. There are so many terrible straps out there (especially the eye ball strap, SCARRY! Sorry Gary) and if these are as comfortable as they look or priced... I'll bite. I'm going to miss the Anderson Logo on the strap though. You know, I still love my Andy strap, I may have to stick with it... The price was right.
Honestly everything you have suggested has turned out to be the coolest stuff. ie. my looper from Tom at pedal boards, Alfonso Hermida, the Zen is amazing...
now if I can only afford a Carr amp. Thanks for all the great advise!

Jimmie B

GaryMcT
02-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Wow, I just finished looking over their website. Suriel, you definately have the best taste around. There are so many terrible straps out there (especially the eye ball strap, SCARRY! Sorry Gary) and if these are as comfortable as they look or priced... I'll bite. I'm going to miss the Anderson Logo on the strap though. You know, I still love my Andy strap, I may have to stick with it... The price was right.
Honestly everything you have suggested has turned out to be the coolest stuff. ie. my looper from Tom at pedal boards, Alfonso Hermida, the Zen is amazing...
now if I can only afford a Carr amp. Thanks for all the great advise!

Jimmie B

I definitely don't recommend the eyeball strap. :) I don't know what they were thinking with the weirder ones. :)

jimmieb
03-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Gary,

I don't want to judge anyones taste in guitar stuff, I'm sure the straps themself are very cool. I just can't figue out the pull for someone to buy the eyeball one... It's too real looking! Maybe it's a third eye thing? I thought the third eye is supposed to be in the forehead? For me, a great deal of the strap companies are try too hard to be cool, thereby rendering themselves uncool for the excessive trying. I know for me as an old guy if I try to hard to be cool... I look very stupid, not that I ever try!

Jimmie B

PS Don't anyone think I own an Anderson just to look cool. Still it can't hurt.

sean
03-01-2006, 01:35 PM
For 25 years I have only used 2 1/2 in. leather straps.Nothin' fancy.Plain black without a logo.The cheap ones for $15 to $20.I have a few,that should last me a lifetime.I even have one that is 25 years old.I prefer zero give(stretch)in my straps so,my guitar stays put.They work great for my 6 lbs HTC,my 7 lbs Cobra Special and my 9 lbs Les paul's.Never an issue having any of my guitars strapped on for hours.I wear my guitars up a little higher than most players do so,I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

GaryMcT
03-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Gary,

I don't want to judge anyones taste in guitar stuff, I'm sure the straps themself are very cool. I just can't figue out the pull for someone to buy the eyeball one... It's too real looking! Maybe it's a third eye thing? I thought the third eye is supposed to be in the forehead? For me, a great deal of the strap companies are try too hard to be cool, thereby rendering themselves uncool for the excessive trying. I know for me as an old guy if I try to hard to be cool... I look very stupid, not that I ever try!

Jimmie B

PS Don't anyone think I own an Anderson just to look cool. Still it can't hurt.

I saw some straps with teeth on them the other day that you might be interested in. hehe. :)

DropTop7
03-25-2006, 10:44 PM
The Vox Python also works to fend off drunks ;)

http://www.voxshowroom.com/northcoast/shopping/index.htm