PDA

View Full Version : Gries Thirty Five 6L6 Tube 1x12 combo

robberns
02-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Trying to clear out some excess inventory.
Amp is about a year old, has never left my smoke-free house.
If you want a Fendery combo, this is it.
From the Gries (griesamps.com) website:

Gries Amplifiers (pronounced "Grice") are based on the classic "blackface" circuits of '63-'67 with modern enhancements including master volume controls, increased preamp gain, midrange controls on all models, selectable speaker impedance jacks, convenient bias test jacks, and upgraded transformers and speakers. They get that unmistakable clean to moderately overdriven tone without the reliability problems associated with using a forty-year old amp. The tube-driven reverb that defined "surf guitar" is here just as you remember it.
Construction:
Gries handmade amplifiers feature point-to-point wiring on G10 turret boards; chassis-mounted ceramic tube sockets, pots, switches, and jacks; welded aluminum chassis with aluminum covers; and Tolex-covered solid pine cabinets with 1/2" solid veneer core plywood baffles and rear panels.
Components:
We use Mercury Magnetics transformers, Eminence speakers, Carling switches, Sprague Atom and Orange Drop capacitors, Switchcraft jacks, Accutronics reverb tanks, and Sovtek, JJ, and Electro-Harmonix tubes.
The Thirty Five is a modern version of the mid-powered twin 6L6 class AB amp with tube rectifier. The preamp mods in the Twenty are here as well, providing more gain and clearer mid-bass response. This amp is also built as a 1 X 12" (Eminence Tonker) combo.
Front Panel Controls:
Bright, Volume, Treble, Midrange, Bass, Reverb, Master Volume, DC (Standby), AC (Power)
Tubes:
12AX7 (2), 12AT7 (2), 6L6 (2), 5AR4
Dimensions: 23"w, 18"h, 10 1/4"d

To see images of the amp:
http://photobucket.com/albums/d103/robberns/For%20Sale/

Sells for $1500 new, I'd like to get $800 before I put it up on Fleabay.
I'll deliver it to anyone in New England (or at least meet you halfway).
If I have to ship it, we can discuss shipping options.
Please ask any questions you might have.

robberns
02-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Item has been sold!