PDA

View Full Version : Atom Reviewed in March Guitar One

sylvanshine
02-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Fantastic press for Anderson and the Atom in the new Guitar One. Front cover shot, review on p. 60 and included on the Gear demo CD. To say they loved the Atom is an understatement. Couple of quotes from Michael Ross:

"I would have been surprised if the Atom had played any less than perfectly, and I wasn't disappointed. The neck's tipped-back angle may have contributed to my comfort, but its carve definitely melted into my hand."

"Overall, the Atom is one of those instruments that make you feel as if any barrier between your ideas and their realizations has dissolved."

"...the Atom consistently delivered inspiring tones in every position"

"...if you're looking for an electric guitar that's about as good as they get, this Atom may just work its way into your molecules."

Congrats Tom Anderson Guitarworks!

BrianH
02-14-2006, 07:08 PM
That's a fantastic review.

I guess you and I will perform "Dueling Atom's" tomorrow night and then write our own review (just no photography, please).

GaryMcT
02-14-2006, 07:35 PM
You know, it's really a shame that I wasn't into music when I lived in Dallas. I think I went to Charley's once to get some work done on my strat, and I didn't have a clue about Andersons.

sylvanshine
02-14-2006, 09:57 PM
That's a fantastic review.

I guess you and I will perform "Dueling Atom's" tomorrow night and then write our own review (just no photography, please).

Atoms at dawn (more like 9pm). Sweet and Sour vs. Brorange.

BrianH
02-15-2006, 08:31 AM
Yes, 9pm.....Will it be Dragon Attack or Tie Yer – Or both? It's your birthday, you decide.
I bought this wonderful new outfit for the show - an undersized Speedo with a Bullfighter's jacket (with fringe). You'll love it.

sylvanshine
02-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Yes, 9pm.....Will it be Dragon Attack or Tie Yer – Or both? It's your birthday, you decide.
I bought this wonderful new outfit for the show - an undersized Speedo with a Bullfighter's jacket (with fringe). You'll love it.

AWK-WARD, that is exactly what I'm wearing. Did you get yours at Just Add Agua?

I'd like to do both. You take the first solo in Tie Yer and then maybe we trade off at the end there. Dragon seems like it's a big free-for-all jerk off anway, so I'll just look for the "your on" head nod.

brian b
02-15-2006, 10:46 AM

Don't worry about the pictures I think that would break the camera anyway. By the way happy birthday Jay.

tmihm
02-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Sounds like a great review. I'll have to check out a copy for myself :)

michaelomiya
02-15-2006, 11:44 PM

lemme suggest, "Crazy LITTLE thing called love". BUT only if you wear the undersized speedo :D :p

and BTW, is that a FRT in your pocket? :eek:

michaelomiya
02-18-2006, 02:33 AM
Roy (maybe) and Tom, did you guys see the review of the Atom in the February 2006 edition of the UK's Guitarist magazine?

I just received my copy yesterday. NOT surprisingly, 5 stars out of 5. And this magazine, unlike many of it's US counterparts, makes quite a sport of pointing out gear deficiencies. However this was NOT the case here. In fact, the reviewer couldn't manage to insert enough superlatives when describing the tone, or how easily such tones were coaxed from the Atom. Additionally, a very nice write up of the innovations that tom's promoted over the years.

I'm telling ya...THE "Nicola Tesla" in a sea of Edisons!!

tom
02-18-2006, 12:48 PM
haven't seen it yet, but have heard good things about it. the brits seem to like what we do.

eddie berman
02-21-2006, 06:36 PM
Hi - Just to let everyone know that we have the reviewed Atom in the shop and I have to say she is very special - she has great warmth.
Thanks very much,
eddie

dave
03-21-2006, 07:24 AM
got a great reveiw too in the UK's Guitarist mag - awarded 5 gold stars, which convinced me! just waiting for a price from the dealer and then the order's on it's way (and the wife's convinced too!)