PDA

View Full Version : reliable anderson dealers

oscar100
01-15-2004, 06:11 PM
Guys

since the UK ANDERSON DEALERS ARE RUBBISH I want to forge a good relationship with a us dealer - can u give me personal recommendations of someone who ll look after what I want and is real cool to deal with?

thanx

:rolleyes:

pluto
01-15-2004, 06:17 PM
From personal experience, I can say that my dealer here in Hawaii (Dan at Dan's Guitars) is one of the coolest guys in the business. I don't think you want something shipped all the way from Hawaii to England though! Steve Mesple at Wildwood Guitars is also a really good person too. I've heard nothing but great stuff about Brian H. from Brook Mays and Jack Magdon (the sponsor of this forum).

Stan Malinowski
01-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Jack Magdon (the sponsor of this forum)

Actually it's Jack Gretz, who is the guitar guru at Magdon Music. Jack ships quite a few guitars to England, he shipped a Custom 22 of mine to a customer in England about 6 months ago.

pluto
01-15-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Stan Malinowski
Actually it's Jack Gretz, who is the guitar guru at Magdon Music. Jack ships quite a few guitars to England, he shipped a Custom 22 of mine to a customer in England about 6 months ago.

Whoops, sorry Jack!!

bhyatt
01-15-2004, 10:50 PM
I second pluto's reference to Steve Mesple' at Wildwood. He regularly ships guitars all over the world and currently has 19 Andersons in stock. I have a HDTC on order through which is due in shortly. If interested you can check his site at http://www.wildwoodguitars.com I hope this helps.

jimmieb
01-16-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by oscar100
Guys

since the UK ANDERSON DEALERS ARE RUBBISH I want to forge a good relationship with a us dealer - can u give me personal recommendations of someone who ll look after what I want and is real cool to deal with?

thanx

Oscar.

I have to third the Wildwood Guitars choice. I worked there and Steve is one of the kindest, most well informed, and the most ethical men I know. The selection is first rate and very resonably
priced. Steve is also an amazing player and is a very good friend.
I have bought 2- Taylors, 3- PRS, 2- Strats, 4- Martins, 4 Andersons at Wildwood and lust at their website daily. Every purchase was a fun and trouble free experience. I am going to the Namm show tomorrow where I think I may purchse my fifth Anderson... an rosewood neck Cobra with mini humbuckers... Maybe?

Jimmie B
:D

michaelomiya
01-16-2004, 01:34 AM
Guys

thanx

Brian Harris - BrookMays
800/442-7680

He provided the bowling shirts for roy and tom, except that tom "stole" roy's since it was green and blue! too funny! Brian, good thing that the Forumites didn't see those shirts, or you'd be swamped w/ orders. BTW, can I order one?!?:D

oscar100
01-16-2004, 08:14 AM
thanx

Ill try magdon and brooks mays

i always found wildwood to be expensive and rathert inflexible

Stan Malinowski
01-16-2004, 08:26 AM
Oscar,

Just remember most of the dealers (including Jack @ Magdon) are out in California at the NAMM show until probably next week. They hopefully will bring back some killer TAs for sale from the show!

oscar100
01-16-2004, 08:31 AM
thanx

stan

i just came across someone asking $145 000 for mick ralphs old les paul 59

INSANE :mad:

I ll just get 50 andersons instead!!!!

Stan Malinowski
01-16-2004, 09:00 AM
Last Weeks (1/4/2004) Guitar of the Week, the "Rocky" Strat is on eBay for $4299 - interesting guitar - interesting price.

oscar100
01-16-2004, 09:05 AM
NASTY paintjob -

give me KOA KOA KOA KOA KOA KOA anytime

:D :D :D :D

jimmieb
01-16-2004, 11:59 AM
thanx

Ill try magdon and brooks mays

i always found wildwood to be expensive and rathert inflexible

Oscar,

Just a FYI, there are two Wildwoods. One is Wildwood Music and
the one I'm talking about is Wildwood Guitars in Louisville, Colorado. I have had some negative experiences with the first, but I can't image you could say what said about Steve @ Wildwood Guitars. No one I have found discounts guitars more and is nicer than Steve. Hope this is just a misunderstanding.

Jimmie B

oscar100
01-16-2004, 12:09 PM
wotz there website?
stan - who do you recommend?

Stan Malinowski
01-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Oscar,

I will be the first to admit that I am biased towards Magdon. I have purchased about 5 New Andersons and 6 PRSi from Jack. He also hand built two custom guitars. I do most of my own guitar work but I will drive the 2.5 hours to have Jack do the work if it is beyond my ability. What started out as customer/dealer relationship immediately devleoped into a good friendship, which is why he entrusted me with the moderation of the forum.

I know that he ships high end guitars to England and Japan on a regular basis so he is experienced with the exportation process. He has a number of build slots reserved each month at Anderson so custom orders can be accommodated usually in a 3-4 month time frame.

Given that, I will agree that there are a few other dealers who deserve praise also!

michaelomiya
01-16-2004, 02:03 PM
thanx

stan

i just came across someone asking $145 000 for mick ralphs old les paul 59

INSANE :mad:

I ll just get 50 andersons instead!!!!

:eek: :eek: I like BadCo as much as the next guy...but, WOW!

michaelomiya
01-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Oscar,

Just remember most of the dealers (including Jack @ Magdon) are out in California at the NAMM show until probably next week. They hopefully will bring back some killer TAs for sale from the show!

Oscar, FYI, Brian Harris has unfortunately been "grounded" (as in bad weather not disciplinary reasons;)) and is still in Dallas, Tx. today.

michaelomiya
01-16-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by jimmieb
Oscar,

Just a FYI, there are two Wildwoods. One is Wildwood Music and
the one I'm talking about is Wildwood Guitars in Louisville, Colorado. I have had some negative experiences with the first, but I can't image you could say what said about Steve @ Wildwood Guitars. No one I have found discounts guitars more and is nicer than Steve. Hope this is just a misunderstanding.

Jimmie B

I'll second the motion regarding Steve at Wildwood Guitars in CO. I actually purchased my first Cobra from him, back in 2001. Excellent communication, very knowledgable and prompt. Highly recommended as well!

Tom Gross
01-16-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by tombo
I'd like to chime in here on the subject of dealers........

I think it's great that there are a lot of really friendly, knowledgeable, and service-oriented dealers to choose from. Magdon, Brian Harris, Wildwood, and my own dealer in the Mpls/St. Paul area (well, when I'm able to get back to the U.S., that is), Willies American Guitars.

Having said that, I think that this forum IS NOT THE PLACE to voice negative opinions about dealers. I've seen this happen on other boards and it only leads to bad vibes and a bad environment on the board.

If you have good experiences with dealers - GREAT, post 'em here. If not, and you want to let someone know about it, do it by private mail. It's just my opinion, but in the long run, I think that'll be better for this board.

I'm interested to hear what others feel about this. Thanks.

I totally agree. Out of respect for this board and the people who make it posible, it's a real good idea.

Tom Gross
01-16-2004, 08:00 PM
BTW, Jack Gretz at Magdons is my main man.

But I have heard nothing but positives about the other dealers mentioned here.

jimmieb
01-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by tombo
I'd like to chime in here on the subject of dealers........

I think it's great that there are a lot of really friendly, knowledgeable, and service-oriented dealers to choose from. Magdon, Brian Harris, Wildwood, and my own dealer in the Mpls/St. Paul area (well, when I'm able to get back to the U.S., that is), Willies American Guitars.

Having said that, I think that this forum IS NOT THE PLACE to voice negative opinions about dealers. I've seen this happen on other boards and it only leads to bad vibes and a bad environment on the board.

If you have good experiences with dealers - GREAT, post 'em here. If not, and you want to let someone know about it, do it by private mail. It's just my opinion, but in the long run, I think that'll be better for this board.

I'm interested to hear what others feel about this. Thanks.

I'd like to say an amen to the positive opinions of dealers. It's too easy to create hurt feeling and offend each other. There's too much of that in the world and we need to build each other up.

Jimmie B

oscar100
01-19-2004, 03:45 AM
thanx for everyones opinions

ill try jack at magdon to get my mini hums

:)

my only thought on the discussion is that I think its important that forums give people a chance to make SENSIBLE comments positive or negative ( as long as they are properly considered )-

otherwise you end up with a situation like with some of teh US gtr magazines as someone mentioned in another section of the forum where they only give positive reviews which is of no help to anyone

jimmieb
01-20-2004, 12:04 AM
thanx for everyones opinions

ill try jack at magdon to get my mini hums

:)

my only thought on the discussion is that I think its important that forums give people a chance to make SENSIBLE comments positive or negative ( as long as they are properly considered )-

otherwise you end up with a situation like with some of teh US gtr magazines as someone mentioned in another section of the forum where they only give positive reviews which is of no help to anyone

Oscar,

For me the whole thing is water under the bridge. I'm sure you'll
be very happy working with Magdon. I don't know them, but it speaks well of them, that they are willing to host this forum. What are you going to order? Mini-hums in which guitar? I'd love to hear the details.

Jimmie B

oscar100
01-20-2004, 03:48 AM
M1 M1 M3

walnut top cobra trem with solid rosewood neck....cool huh!

;)

SteveK
01-20-2004, 06:12 AM
Just got back from NAMM, and I've got to echo the sentiments about Jack Gretz. I've always had great experiences with him on a business level, and this has progressed to the point where my wife and I am proud to call him our friend. Highly recommended!

Stan Malinowski
01-20-2004, 12:00 PM
And now Magdon has picked up Fuchs.....just when I thought my money was safe in the bank!!!:D

pluto
01-20-2004, 12:08 PM
And now Magdon has picked up Fuchs.....just when I thought my money was safe in the bank!!!:D

Stan, you'll love the Fuchs. I'm probably the only person on this planet who didn't care for them. Everybody else who has played one think they are an absolutely stunning combination of smooth and raunch tones in an amp.

Tom Gross
01-20-2004, 09:28 PM

I'm in trouble now!