PDA

View Full Version : Toughts on a new Anderson

morty
02-13-2006, 03:59 AM
I am seriously thinking of ordering a new Anderson.. anybody know if I could order Switcheroo with the VA12 VA12 and H2+??

Do I have to go for a B5? How do I switch between VA1-2 on a B5?? Can I use Bridge pickup and Neckpickup, and bypass the middle pickup on the B5? could I have a blowerswitch with the B5?

This is the preliminary spec I want to get on a new Anderson:

Model - Classic
Body Finish - Transulcent Blonde with Binding
Body Wood - Swamp Ash top on Alder
Neck Wood - Hard Rock Maple, Rosewood Fretboard
Neck Finish - Natural Headstock, Satin Back
Nutwidth - 1 11/16 in
Frets - Medium SS
Back Shape - .100 inch oversized
Hardware - Gold
Bridge - Vintage Tremolo
Pickguard - Pearl White
Pickups - VA12 VA12R H2+
Switching - Switcheroo, Vintage Voicing
Strings - .010-.046
Comments -New Neckjoint, New saddles, New rod adjustment

MEP
02-13-2006, 08:11 PM
I own a Hollow T w/ contours that is set up H/S/H with the switcheroo and a Classic with the VA12/VA12R/VA23 and the B5 setup. They are both good, but I have found that I can actually switch between sounds faster on the B5 setup than on the switcheroo.

The way that you get to the splits on the VA's is a mini-switch between your volume and tone pots. The switcheroo definitely gives you a wide variety of switching but it just isn't as intuitive or fast for me. Your mileage may differ. :p

Whatever setup you go for, you will love your new guitar. I am always amazed at the level of perfection that is achieved in the TAGs. Best wishes.

morty
02-14-2006, 01:39 AM
Well I like the Switcheroo, and want it for my next Anderson too! I like the flexibility!