PDA

View Full Version : Powerblend pedal.........

GASMAN
02-03-2006, 06:33 PM
I may interested in having another for a spare. I would need the stereo cable that comes with them also.

Suriel Zayas
02-03-2006, 09:45 PM
fyi....any trs (tip-ring-sleeve) 1/4"-to-1/4" cable works fine.

GaryMcT
02-03-2006, 10:27 PM
I use an Evidence Audio TRS Lyric HG. .best cable I've ever owned. :)

GASMAN
02-04-2006, 12:53 AM
Not just any TRS stereo cable for me. I had trouble with what's called "cross-talk" with the original stereo cable I bought. Some of the electric (magnetic) signal was bleeding into the piezo signal.

I bought my pedal slightly used, and it did not come with the cable that Fishman usually supplies with that pedal. After talking with Fishman about my problem-----they recommended I get their stereo cable, with double shield. So I ordered one ($50.00) and my cross-talk problem was gone. Works great.

Gary----I'd sure be interested in hearing more about the Evidence Audio cable that you like. How long is it and what did you have to pay? (If you don't mind me asking) Thanks.

Suriel Zayas
02-04-2006, 10:59 AM
So I ordered one ($50.00) and my cross-talk problem was gone. Works great.
i find the original fishman cable so bulky and cumbersome. i've used the evidence, however, i'm currently using the monster studiolink, no crosstalk or tone loss whatsoever.

GASMAN
02-04-2006, 01:39 PM
This is interesting because I'm certainly open to using a cable other than Fishman. I just need to be sure that it has the proper shielding. The original TRS cable that I bought was just a basic stereo cable. Nothing fancy. I didn't know any different----so just went with it. But there was HUGE difference between that one and the one Fishman sent me. So I learned that proper shielding is important----at least for this application.

But I'll certainly look into the Monster and Audio Evidence cables.

Oh----almost forgot.............does anyone have or know where I could get another Powerblend pedal? Would rather buy from someone here rather than go to E-Bay.