PDA

View Full Version : Graphtech saddles

sylvanshine
02-02-2006, 03:20 PM
With the change over to Graphtech saddles, does that pave the way for Ghost to replace Fishman? The Ghost system looks interesting.
http://www.graphtech.com/prodghost.htm

tom
02-02-2006, 05:30 PM
the saddles are the ferra glide, steel with the small insert. they sound really nice and trem very nicely. they should also end the string breakage for anyone but the most manly, and they will break strings no matter what they do. they currently don't offer the piezo in that one. they say that will be changing soon. we will certainly look at them.

bud
02-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Oh boy, the possibility of an Anderson with acoustic sounds and a piezo based synth pickup to boot.

I just have to find a way to install that pesky quarter-sized jack, hmm let me check my drill bit collection :eek:

BFC
02-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Same bridge as before with the ferra glide saddles installed or a different bridge altogether?

sylvanshine
02-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Same bridge, new saddles. I played this guitar yesterday. Third pic down is bridge closeup.
http://www.andersonalley.com/blog.aspx

tom
02-02-2006, 07:12 PM
the bridges will be changing as well. these will start filtering in in march or april. wedgie starts in april.

BFC
02-03-2006, 01:50 AM
Which bridge are you going to now?

tom
02-03-2006, 11:26 AM
we are putting one togwther with parts from 3 different vendors to get what we want. it will be a steel baseplate with a pushin 3/16" arm with plastic tip with the arm tension screw above the baseplate, steel block and the ferraglide saddles.

BFC
02-03-2006, 02:22 PM
I never did like having the set screw under the plate. I always thought the one you used a few years ago with the collar on top for the arm with a set screw was the most solid feeling for using the trem. I also liked that fatter arm.

tom
02-03-2006, 04:03 PM
it is that same baseplate we are going to, just with the smaller arm. i like how the smaller are gives just a bit of flex to keep the trem feeling not too stiff. the block on those was zinc, so we're going with the livelier steel block.

BFC
02-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Trem actually became a big part of my style with my older TAGs with the big arm Gotoh. I pretty much quit with the latest bridge because I hate the feel of it. Could a guy swap some parts around on the new one and have the bigger 1055 arm?