PDA

View Full Version : New Anderson Convert Saying Hello

jisham
02-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Bought a Hollow Drop Top from Willcutts and was so impressed I bought a Cobra from Martin Music which should deliver today. I'm mostly a Les Paul guy but that may be changing soon as I'm more than blown away by the Drop Top to say the least. Anyway, hello and I look forward to participating; I'll start by posting the Andersons and my amp rig. ;)

Here's the Drop Top I bought:
http://www.willcuttguitars.com/images/dt6120-1.jpg

And here's the Cobra:
http://www.martinmusicguitar.com/images/uploads/aa/aa/aa/aa/aa/aa/hollowcobraflame13.jpg

My live rig:
http://hometown.aol.com/jdigear/images/img_0484.jpg

Pedalboard:
http://hometown.aol.com/jdigear/images/img_0491.jpg

thecaleb
02-02-2006, 04:34 PM
That cobra is sweet, i have an atom and i love it, but if i were to get another andy(sigh, someday) i would probably get a cobra. What PU's do have? Anyway congrats and welcome

sylvanshine
02-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Well YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAW for the Texas flag on your rack.

GaryMcT
02-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Randall MTS + Anderson is a really nice combo. (That's what I use.) :)

jisham
02-02-2006, 10:19 PM
The Cobra has H1- and H2+ pickups...it delivered as I was headed to band practice so I haven't plugged it in yet. UPS smashed one end of the case but the guitar survived thankfully.

I live in the DC area now, but I'm a native Texan...

jisham
02-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Randall MTS + Anderson is a really nice combo. (That's what I use.) :)

Nice! Which modules do use?

GaryMcT
02-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Nice! Which modules do use?

I have Blackface, Plexi, TopBoost (AC30TB), and SL+. Since I only have two slots in my RM50 combo, I use Blackface and Plexi along with an OCD to boost Plexi into SL+ territory when necessary.

When I'm playing at home (where I can swap modules out), I really love the TopBoost with the neck/bridge settings of an Atom. The Blackface sounds unbelievable with my Drop Top with split SA-1 settings.

Which modules do you use?

jisham
02-03-2006, 06:37 AM
I have Blackface, Plexi, TopBoost (AC30TB), and SL+. Since I only have two slots in my RM50 combo, I use Blackface and Plexi along with an OCD to boost Plexi into SL+ territory when necessary.

When I'm playing at home (where I can swap modules out), I really love the TopBoost with the neck/bridge settings of an Atom. The Blackface sounds unbelievable with my Drop Top with split SA-1 settings.

Which modules do you use?

My band plays about 80 percent modern rock/20 percent classic. I have a bunch of modules but I tend to use the Clean, the new Donegan 1086 and an XTC live. But, I also have Blackface, Plexi, Recto, Ultra and SL+ modules.

GaryMcT
02-03-2006, 03:03 PM
My band plays about 80 percent modern rock/20 percent classic. I have a bunch of modules but I tend to use the Clean, the new Donegan 1086 and an XTC live. But, I also have Blackface, Plexi, Recto, Ultra and SL+ modules.

I'd love to hear what you think about the Donegan module.

Also, have you tried the new Ultra Plus module? Sounds interesting. . super heavy but with a lot of clarity apparently.

Do you use the XTC at Plexi-ish gain levels? I'm curious to try this out.

jisham
02-03-2006, 05:34 PM
I'd love to hear what you think about the Donegan module.

Also, have you tried the new Ultra Plus module? Sounds interesting. . super heavy but with a lot of clarity apparently.

Do you use the XTC at Plexi-ish gain levels? I'm curious to try this out.

The Donegan module is very cool...it doesn't have a bright switch but instead has a gain boost switch and a mid switch. The cosmetics are very different from all the other ones (it has a black face, blue light and all the markings are white). It does a real nice low gain and a pretty heavy hi gain but it's not in the Ultra territory at all. I haven't heard the Ultra Plus.

I use the XTC at med-hi gain depending on the tune. For the lower gain tunes, I've been using a Fulltone OCD in front of the Clean module.

When I first tried my Drop Top at band practice last night, I had the Recto module in and it sounded awful, which freaked me out because that module has been a favorite with my LPs. For some reason, I could not dial out the bottom end boominess of the Drop Top (maybe because it's hollow??). But, I yanked it out and put in the Donegan module and the Drop Top just slayed tonally. The Drop Top really did well with the XTC too.

I left practice smiling ear to ear because of the Drop Top. The other guitarist in my band never says much of anything but he raved all night long about my tone and said I should stop using LPs. :eek:

blinddog
02-05-2006, 07:22 PM
wow, now thats a heckuva rig!

HiG
02-09-2006, 04:10 AM
Welcome aboard! Nice rig.

GaryMcT
02-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Jisham, have you tried any of the Egnater modules?

jisham
02-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Jisham, have you tried any of the Egnater modules?

Unfortunately, no.