01-23-2006, 02:39 PM
ridiculously awesome

Dave K
01-23-2006, 03:30 PM
What are you gonna do now that there's no more room on the couch? :D
Nice collection. ;)

Son of Anderson
01-23-2006, 03:35 PM
He's got room for a second row. they can rest up against the couch. put the strap buttons to use. =]

Dave K
01-23-2006, 04:41 PM
I was trying to imply that maybe he should sell one (like the sweet&sour Atom!) to me to make a little more room. ;)

sylvanshine
01-23-2006, 04:58 PM
More frightening are the Andersons I no longer own. What you see in these 6 guitars is a long learning process of what I like/need. There are easily a dozen that moved on to other happy owners.

Sweet and Sour is not for sale. :) That is my Les Paul killer.

I ordered a Hollow Classic T with humbuckers that should be in my hands in April that combines my latest learning. I love the Classic T contour shape, but need it to bring the rock. At that point, I think we'll have to get a longer couch. :D

Allamricn
01-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Hope you don't mind....but I made 12 copies of your pic and posted them around my house to show my wife that my 2 TA's were just not enough !!!!
Absolutely great collection you have !!! You are very lucky !!!
Bob

Woodash
01-23-2006, 06:47 PM
Soapbar! You need a soapbar!

GaryMcT
01-23-2006, 06:49 PM
You can just go ahead and send me the Cobra (second from left) if you aren't using it. Yeah. Thanks. :)

sylvanshine
01-23-2006, 09:42 PM
You can just go ahead and send me the Cobra (second from left) if you aren't using it. Yeah. Thanks. :)
Did you fill out all your TPS reports?

GaryMcT
01-23-2006, 09:46 PM
Did you fill out all your TPS reports?

Hehe. . I'm glad you got the reference.

But really, send me the guitar! :D

HiG
01-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!

Lucidology
01-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Jay... do you have a particular favorite? One that you seem to play more then the others...?

Could you take a moment to describe the difference in tone between these various Andersons?

For instance, the Atom with M1's in comparison to the Drop Top with M1's? Not to forget the Maple neck with M1's...??

What a phenomenal collection... :eek:

Ciao, the Joseph

sylvanshine
01-24-2006, 12:04 AM
From L to R (oldest to youngest)

Hollow Classic T- use it for a lot of songs we're doing now...U2 "Vertigo", Maroon 5, Gavin Degraw. Really starting to appreciate the Tele bridge sound. That one is a GC rescue piece. Sat on the wall (and on eBay) for close to a year. Having a love affair with this one right now cuz it's such a beater so it gets picked up first.

Cobra- started it's life as a 3 M. Sent it back for the humbucker. I think it's an H3 in there now. Also added a PowerBridge. It is the best playing and sounding Cobra I've come across (and I've owned at least 6). It's warm at medium gain settings, but really gets nasty when you kick it a little. I've been using this one on the songs that need acoustic.

Drop Top T- an homage to my Anderson dealer and friend Brian H. He's been making ungodly noise with his for years, so I ordered one up. Sometimes you just gotta have a Floyd. HN3 and H2+, some custom wiring for out-of-phase, super low action. This one gets the call when you want to show off a little. Have played an entire night with the DTT and it did everything I asked of it.

Pro Am T- ahhh, that one is special, definitely #1 in my heart. It was guitar of the week with a nice story about the birth of our triplets, so it rises to the top. HN3/M1/M1 with a Powerbridge. I could play everything we do with that one guitar. The maple neck adds some nice spank and top end. Definitely a glassier tone than the Cobra. The maple neck in that scale length felt to me like I had to work harder to get the strings to bend. I went from .10s to .095s and now to .09s to get it where I want to be.

Atom- saw it on GOTW in the first batch that went out the door and had to have it. That one is a fire breather. HW3 (?) and H2+. Love the way it feels in your hands. Set up with .095s. Incredible pinch harmonics. This guitar actually drives the front of my amp TOO hard. It clips, but I love it!!

Hollow Atom- only had it a couple of days. Sure is pretty. Got it in a trade with Sixx. We're doing a lot of drop D tunes, so I have this one set up with heavy bottom/light top strings. Action is much higher than I would normally set it, but playability doesn't seem to suffer. It has an H2 or H2+ in the bridge which I will probably keep with the detuning. The hollow Atom gets some really nice spank in position 4, especially with the bridge split.

Each one has a very specific task, so I end up taking 4-5 to every gig. Can't pick a favorite because I need them all.

thecaleb
01-24-2006, 10:27 AM
that would be awesome to just wonder in to some random place to hear a band and then see the andys setting there, all in a row. you would know what you are in for immediately.

sylvanshine
01-24-2006, 12:06 PM
that would be awesome to just wonder in to some random place to hear a band and then see the andys setting there, all in a row. you would know what you are in for immediately.
If only my playing was as awesome as my guitars. :)

BoraBora
01-25-2006, 09:48 PM
Amazing collection, I'm jealous. :)

korinabill
01-26-2006, 12:22 AM
Gary, Don't forget to include the cover sheet, or you can't have the Cobra....

sylvanshine
01-26-2006, 09:38 AM
...and play it at a reasonable level

Bill, let's see a picture of your Anderson collection. The satellite camera they use for Google Earth could probably fit them all in. :)