PDA

View Full Version : 26 years ago today.....

HiG
01-18-2006, 02:57 AM
I bought my first guitar, a Japanese made Sigma DM-18. I was an aircraft mechanic on F-4 Phantoms in the Air Force at the time, just turned 19 years old, and there was a group of us that used to hang out together, listen to music and drink entirely too much beer. One day, we were sitting around listening to the Allmans at the Fillmore LP commenting on just what tremendously emotional guitar playing we were hearing. One of us, I don't remember who, said that we should learn to play this stuff instead of just listening to it. Well, the next day, January 17th, four of us went down to Jimmy's Music in Sumter, SC and bought Sigma acoustics (best decision of my life). Being original, we dubbed ourselves the Sigmatrons and proceeded to treat the other occupants of the barracks to dissonant, out of tune renditions of America's Sandman. Over the years, after families and kids, only two of the original four are still playing. Still play that DM-18 and it sounds better all the time. Just wanted to share that with y'all as all of us here on the forum have the same love for the instrument.

funalij
01-18-2006, 04:02 AM
Cool :cool:

Javier