PDA

View Full Version : String question

edwarddavis
01-14-2006, 07:48 AM
Hi, I have Tom Andersons with power bridges. I am looking for a bit fuller acoustic sound, If I were to go from .10 to .11 strings do you think I would have any issues or .09 to .11. I am pretty sure my guitars have .10s though/.

What kindof strings are you guys using with the you Andersons with acoustic bridges just curious and also any suggestions on the nest acoustic amp for the buck to use with my andersons. I have a Roland ac100 but I think its seemn its better days. Any body kave a California Blonde. I can get one at a great price through work ( long story ) amd was thinking of getting one or a Fender Acoustisonic.
Any comments would be great.

sylvanshine
01-14-2006, 09:22 AM
Not sure about string gauge and how it effects the acoustic tone. I can speak to how I use the Powerbridge though. Try picking closer to the bridge, it really brings out the "acoustic" sounds. I use a California Blonde and love it. It's a drag to lug it around sometimes, but it has more headroom than I will ever need for live applications. I had the Strawberry Blonde at the start, but it didn't cut through live. Big difference in the output of those two.

Guitarded
01-14-2006, 10:03 AM
Purchased a Genz Benz Shenandoah 100 for a great price a while back and I love it. I use it with my hollow cobra and also with my Lowden acoustic and it gives me everything I want. Looked at the Acoustasonic and it was no contest.

edwarddavis
01-15-2006, 07:41 PM
thanks , I am probably gonna buy one of those two amps , I heard they are great. I have a roland and its just not doing it for me.
thanks guys.

tom
01-15-2006, 09:57 PM
the bigger you can stand, the better for the acoustic sound.