PDA

View Full Version : My new atom!

thecaleb
01-13-2006, 02:57 AM
Finally here are pics of my new atom and me current set up. Note: the pedalboard is under construction, and i know, i hate the flanger too, i just needed to take up space.
the atom is burnished orange burst with binding and it has the H1-A and the H2+A, and it sounds mean. 06-16-05N
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/thecaleb1/atom.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/thecaleb1/atomboard.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/thecaleb1/meandatom.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/thecaleb1/stagesetup.jpg

Sixx
01-13-2006, 08:47 AM
As th guy at the pizza place I eat lunch at would say, "Excellent choice!"

ryman150
01-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Cool rig, my friend... :D

olectric
01-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Welcome to the Atom club! thecaleb brought that guitar over last week, and we got the chance to A/B our Atoms (the only difference between the two is that mine has M1/M1/M3). He is right when he says that his sounds MEAN--a more LP sound "for those who simply must rock." I really liked the H2+ on his. And I really like the M1's in mine, but the M3 is a little behind the H2+ in terms of no-holds-barred rocking out. It has been conjectured before on this forum, but maybe the ultimate Atom setup is two Ms and an H.

GaryMcT
01-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Welcome to the Atom club! thecaleb brought that guitar over last week, and we got the chance to A/B our Atoms (the only difference between the two is that mine has M1/M1/M3). He is right when he says that his sounds MEAN--a more LP sound "for those who simply must rock." I really liked the H2+ on his. And I really like the M1's in mine, but the M3 is a little behind the H2+ in terms of no-holds-barred rocking out. It has been conjectured before on this forum, but maybe the ultimate Atom setup is two Ms and an H.

That is a seriously nice looking guitar!

I really like my M1/M1/H2 Atom, but I have to say that the neck/bridge both split setting on an H/H Atom is really really nice as well.

Anyone here gone from M1 to M1- on their Atom? I'm tempted. :) I'd like the neck M to sound about as bassy as a middle M1, but sound more like a neck pickup. Does that make sense?

I'm also curious about folks that have gone from H2 to H2+ on an Atom.

tom
01-13-2006, 04:41 PM
does that mean you want the neck pickup more or less bassy? i have gone from m1 to m1- in mine, and you loose some bass and get a bit more spank.

GaryMcT
01-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Yes Tom, that sounds perfect.

I'd like to drop my Atom off the next time I go to Disney for:

1) Jumbo SS Frets
2) Locking tuners
3) M1-/M1-
4) if possible, a wiring mod to make the humbucking 3rd and 4th position happen with the tone knob in (while keeping the bridge position like it is.)

Tom, what do you use in your bridge position on your Atom? H2?

wreckfan
01-13-2006, 10:31 PM
SWEET guitar !! I really want to try one.......

thecaleb
01-13-2006, 11:21 PM
you should and as soon as possible, they are amazing.

tom
01-14-2006, 02:00 AM
gary, do you want to series when pulled up?
i have an h2 in my solid atom and an ho2 in my hollow special.

GaryMcT
01-14-2006, 03:01 AM
Tom, to be more specific:

Tone Knob in:
Pos 1: neck
Pos 2: middle
Pos 3: neck and parallel bridge
Pos 4: middle and parallel bridge
Pos 5: series bridge

Tone Knob out:
Pos 1: neck
Pos 2: middle
Pos 3: neck and split bridge
Pos 4: middle and split bridge
Pos 5: parallel bridge

The bold parts are swapped from the standard config.

Also, on a Drop Top with SA/SA/H2 and switcheroo, could the blower switch be made to be three way so that it's off, parallel bridge, and series bridge? In a lot of songs, I end up switching from parallel bridge for rhythm, series bridge for heavier stuff and leads, and then another setting that is song specific (split neck and middle a lot of the time for clean stuff) and configurable with the non-blower part of switcheroo before the song. This is on my Drop Top that is already modded from the factory (thanks!) to do split and parallel on the bridge switcheroo and series bridge with the blower.

Whew, that was a mouth-full. :D

GaryMcT
01-14-2006, 03:04 AM
you should and as soon as possible, they are amazing.

Yes, they definitely are. I was on vacation for two weeks and got to come back and relieve the excitement as if I were playing it again for the first time. :)