PDA

View Full Version : Who's goin' to Namm?

ddemusic
01-11-2006, 03:12 PM
I'll be there. BTW/ What # is the TAG Booth? And other than checking out Tom's Beauties, what else are you excited to check out this year?

I'll be checking out small class a amps and tons of pedals.

tom
01-11-2006, 03:20 PM
booth is 1518, down stairs in the little guy hall.

Son of Anderson
01-11-2006, 05:11 PM
ill be there, and i'm excited for the sound of silence once i exit the building and close my car door behind me. It isnt until then that you realize how loud that place it. i am also excited to see all the crazy groupies and metal heads walking around. too funny.

ddemusic
01-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Great - I plan on doing most of my hang in hall E. I look forward to meeting Tom in the flesh and his (I'm assuming here..) illegitimate son!

guitarzan
01-11-2006, 05:35 PM
at NAMM they actually have "volume police" that walk around checking how loud some booths are being and there's a limit...

I worked at a booth that backed up against Cornford amps last year. It was so loud that I think the volume police were afraid to come near it. :)

I'm always looking for what I'm gonna throw money into to make me a better and more hireable guitar player only to find out a couple of months later that it doesn't work that way...

Son of Anderson
01-11-2006, 05:43 PM
i'm legit.

taclassic
01-11-2006, 05:57 PM
I will be there this year and also planned to hang out in the lower hall. It is quiet and personal. That does not mean I will not visit the upper hall to see the cool new toys some folks will bring with them....plus it is always cool to run into those that have influenced you. :)

ryman150
01-11-2006, 07:20 PM
This will be my first year going, and I honestly am getting really excited. I can only immagine what it will be like!

ToneLounge
01-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Please come and visit me at Taylor Guitars - I'll be making noise with new T5's, some new stomp boxes, and the new GS.

killerburst
01-11-2006, 09:35 PM
at NAMM they actually have "volume police" that walk around checking how loud some booths are being and there's a limit...

I worked at a booth that backed up against Cornford amps last year. It was so loud that I think the volume police were afraid to come near it. :)

I'm always looking for what I'm gonna throw money into to make me a better and more hireable guitar player only to find out a couple of months later that it doesn't work that way...

"Noise narcs" we call 'em. Gotta make friends with them right away if you want any leeway. A 10 spot won't hurt, either.

wreckfan
01-11-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm in. My brother did some designs for the Fender Booth - so I will be going as Fender Guest......but my first stop will be the "A" booth !!

guitarzan
01-11-2006, 11:55 PM
I'm in. My brother did some designs for the Fender Booth - so I will be going as Fender Guest......but my first stop will be the "A" booth !!

what does your brother do? (if you don't mind me hijacking a thread for a second-- just mention NAMM a couple of times so we can chat guilt-free...)

NAMM

NAMM

enr1co
01-12-2006, 12:20 AM
This will be my first year going, and I honestly am getting really excited. I can only immagine what it will be like!

You're in for a treat! I went for the first time last year and
there was so much neat stuff to see! One of the highlights was
definitely the opportunity to hang out w/ the friendly Anderson
crew and see the Atoms for the first time.

Bring your most comfortable walking shoes, some bottled water and
some sorta shoulder bag to carry all the schwag that is available!

If anyone has an extra pass laying that may go unused, I
would be more than happy and grateful to put it to good use :)

enrico

GaryMcT
01-12-2006, 03:14 AM
I wish I were going. I'm more likely to go to E3. :)

SteveK
01-12-2006, 07:15 AM
My wife Joy and I will be there for the third year...great fun, and great advice about a good pair of shoes ;)

olectric
01-12-2006, 11:17 AM
To answer the original question: not me. :( I am making it a goal to go next year.

michaelomiya
01-12-2006, 11:58 AM
booth is 1518, down stairs in the little guy hall.

Tom, don't you mean in the "I ain't gonna rent space for THAT kind of coin" hall?:eek: :D
Seriously, looking forward to seeing everyone there!
mike.

BrianH
01-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Namm's coming up?
Michael, you wouldn't believe the shame I've had to live through after that bloody game.
If I see burnt orange one more time........

See you there as usual.

tom
01-12-2006, 08:47 PM
we moved down because it's quieter and more of our friends are down there. looking forward to this years crop of new guys too.

Sixx
01-12-2006, 09:20 PM
No hijacking intended..

I am not a UT fan but it was a great game. USC will be back next year. They have a stacked class. To bad they couldn't get back to back titles.

wreckfan
01-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Re: Namm - my brother works for a company that makes movie props. He met the guys from the Fender Custom Shop through a longtime friend James Burton while they were doing the design work on his new signature model Tele.

Evidently they saw some of his artwork and designs and asked him to collaborate on some new body shapes and paint schemes. I haven't seen the completed guitars, but they were giving him guitar bodies to play with. I saw some of the sketches he had ready for them. It would be safe to assume that they are more likely to be part of the display work than production models.....

BrianH
01-12-2006, 11:03 PM
No hijacking intended..

I am not a UT fan but it was a great game. USC will be back next year. They have a stacked class. To bad they couldn't get back to back titles.
You mean Back-to Back-to Back titles. It 'was' a 3-fer. Now I'm cursed with all the Tex homers (none of which attened UT; I guess it's state pride or soemthing like that).

Sixx
01-12-2006, 11:28 PM
You mean Back-to Back-to Back titles. It 'was' a 3-fer. Now I'm cursed with all the Tex homers (none of which attened UT; I guess it's state pride or soemthing like that).

Nope. LSU won the BCS two years ago. USC won the AP. Given that the BCS rules the roost, that's one for the trojans. :) This year would have been two.

Btw, I am no UT fan. My pop works at SMU. I am Dawg 100%. Would have loved to see Auburn USC last year. Caddy and Brown in the same backfield! Scary stuff!

michaelomiya
01-13-2006, 03:40 AM
Namm's coming up?
Michael, you wouldn't believe the shame I've had to live through after that bloody game.
If I see burnt orange one more time........

See you there as usual.

Brian, we need to set a time...y'know, as in time to eat?!!! :rolleyes: :D

Regarding the Rose Bowl, I'm not going to say that that was the poorest coached game SC's had in 4 seasons, or that if Norm Chow was the OC, we'd had Reggie in the backfield on 4th and 2 w/ 2:13 left in the 4th quarter, or that if Dallas Sartz and the rest of our starting LB's were playing, we'd have pressured Young more effectively.

No, regarding the Rose Bowl, all I've got to say is this:

1. Time spent nagging associate alumni for tickets - 2.5 hours
2. Cost of finding a parking spot for the RV - $600 (tuesday entry)
3. Partying in front of the "ESPN Tailgate" bandstand before the game, and watching my dad's 60-something, SC Alum buds dancing w/ Tejas Sorority girls - PRICELESS! (don't tell my mom! :eek: ;))

michaelomiya
01-13-2006, 03:47 AM
we moved down because it's quieter and more of our friends are down there. looking forward to this years crop of new guys too.

as in John S? :D :p
It's all good and will be great fun!

BrianH
01-13-2006, 08:32 AM
LSU??? LSU my butt.
That was a split title - an after, USC still got the #1 ranking.
No my friend, that was 3 in a row (not to be).
And I agree about the Auburn thing; that should have been the real game. OU went down like a tomato can (to my delight).

Michael, give me a call next week and we'll set the time for the traditional Namm show hook up. I've only got 20 or so meetings this year; I'll blow off as many as possible.
Might as well meet at the Anderson booth; you know how much Laurie loves us loitering. We can gauk at the newbies and watch Roy sanitize his hands, over and over again.

chasyboy
01-13-2006, 12:46 PM
ah the days.... watching Toto, Allan Holdsworth, Jeff Berlin, Vinnie Colaiuta, John Robinson, Chad Wackerman, Michael McDonald playing at the Yamaha booth...then hanging with Jeff Porcaro in the hallways...wondering where he'd disappear to for 15 minutes at a time.

Come see me at the Bogner booth....I'll be there trying to steal a 1X12...

michaelomiya
01-14-2006, 12:03 AM
L
Might as well meet at the Anderson booth; you know how much Laurie loves us loitering. We can gauk at the newbies and watch Roy sanitize his hands, over and over again.

Regarding Laurie - absolutely!:D
On Roy and sanitizing - definitely!:eek:

On LSU - it goes WITHOUT saying!!!! :p

Stys
01-14-2006, 08:33 AM
Well, while you are all at the Anderson Booth, be sure to congratulate Rachel. She is freshly engaged!

enr1co
01-16-2006, 03:02 AM
Congratulations on your engagement Rachel!

I should be able to congratulate you in person too- am able to attend
afterall and will be helping out at one of the acoustic guitar booths, downstairs hall, SAT and SUN. :)

Looking forward to stopping by!

enrico

Suriel Zayas
01-19-2006, 12:27 PM
for the first time in a long time, i won't be attending naam this year. i just picked up a long term gig that just conflicts with the sked. in addition, trying to keep up with some lads half my age while ice-skating, i tore my acl & mcl ligaments (knee ligaments). needless to say, the gig i just picked up is of the sitting nature, no jumping on or off stage for me for a while. cheers, to you guys going and enjoy the ear & eye candy. look forward to being there next year. :)

tom
01-19-2006, 10:12 PM
sorry to hear that. knees are no fun. you will be missed. saw alf today though.

guitarzan
01-19-2006, 10:38 PM
yeah, that's a real bummer, Suriel. I'm sorry to hear it. But it sounds like a great gig that you got. I hope it makes up for wrecked knees.

NAMM is NAMM. I'm sure you know the usual chaos. If you don't already have a scout, lemme know what's on your wish list and I'll go snap some pictures and grab lit for you.

enr1co
01-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Hi Suriel,

Congrats on the long term gig!

You really ought to warm up at least 2 minutes before showing those young uns' how to correctly execute the triple axel ;) Hopefully something
that arthoscopic might be able to fix?

Was hoping to meet your friendly self in person but maybe next years NAMM?

Take care!
enrico

Prof. Machel
01-26-2006, 04:11 PM
I wish I hadn't read all these entries! Now I am sorry for missing NAMM and not seeing everyone.

Hang in there Suriel. I missed NAMM so I could recover from bronchitis (and I did)... because I am having knee surgery tomorrow. The docs won't slice and dice if patients are sick. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the congrats. 'Twas a surprise for me too.

Glad to hear people had fun at NAMM. Hopefully I will be back with my repaired knees.

Rach

P.S. Thanks for all the pics that were posted. They were lovely!