PDA

View Full Version : customizing

guitarfreak217
01-09-2004, 11:48 PM
i was wondering how the whole customization of these things works when you buy them from a store. do you call the store and have them call the anderson?

dpeterson
01-10-2004, 11:06 AM
yep... each model has a base price, then certain options will make the price go up, for instance my new drop top I got the solid rosewood neck, which was a $400 upcharge. I got a floyd rose instead of a vintage trem, and that didnt effect the price.

Once you have all the options you want picked out, they will get a price, then give you a discount of that retail price.

I called around and found someone that had a slot open the soonest, and ordered through them. I also went out of state so i could save the tax, which would have been a good chunk of change.

Dave

Stan Malinowski
01-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Guitfreak,

If you call Anderson they will send you a catalog with a price list (list prices). The catalog has some very good explanations about the tonal quality of the different models, different body tonewoods, neck woods, etc. Once you've formulated an initial idea of what you want find a reputable Anderson dealer (Jack at Magdon comes to mind:D:D ) and discuss your choices with him and then possible with Roy at Anderson. Certain combinations may have a high visual appeal to you but may be tonally lacking based on the combo of woods, models & pickups! To me Roy is the master of tonal knowledge, I have learned to respect his input!

guitarfreak217
01-10-2004, 10:49 PM
i was wondering if putting a acoustic fixed bridge on a drop top t is an available option.

tom
01-11-2004, 12:41 AM
fixed or trem are available.

michaelomiya
01-12-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by guitarfreak217
i was wondering how the whole customization of these things works when you buy them from a store. do you call the store and have them call the anderson?

Typically, yes. Try Brian Harris (800)442-7680. I know this site is sponsored by Magdon (so no offense intended here)...but w/ Brian I've always had great service and experiences, and nothing's ever been problematic when dealing w/ him.

I've also heard wonderful things about Wildwood Guitars, Indoor Storm and, of course, Magdon Music. Roy does a wonderful job at sourcing dealers and is always interested in hearing about your ordering/buying experience/s.