PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

bhyatt
01-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Happy New Year to all. I was going to wait until my HDTC arrived to join the forum but I finally decided that I'd waited long enough. I was introduced to the wonders of Anderson guitars nearly three years ago by Steve Mesple' at Wildwood Guitars in Louisville, CO. After a lengthy deliberation (including a side trip to visit Roy(maybe) at the shop and some spousal bargaining, I was clear to place my order. At last report, my HDTC is in the paint shop and I am waiting patiently (not) to get my first glimpse of it's dark cherry burst quilted top. I was planning on including a picture of my new Andy on my initial post, but I guess I'll have to do that later.

Happy pickin',

Bob

Stan Malinowski
01-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Welcome aboard!

It s the waiting that is the killer, I have patiently (well maybe impatiently:D ) waited for 4 of my Andys which were custom ordered.

I just purchased a used HDTC with a Koa top. The previous owner hand carried it to TA so I could have the neck replaced. I thought this time I could be patient and wait for the guitar until the neck replacement was done. WRONG! After about 3 days I told TA to ship me the guitar so I could play it for the 2 months that it takes to get the neck built and ready for replacement!

I share in your agony at the wait!!

bhyatt
01-10-2004, 01:38 PM
The way that I look at it is that it took so long to get to this point that in the "big picture" a few more weeks isn't all that bad. I am a little concerned about the "addiction" thing though. Figuring out a way to convince my wife that I need to buy another one would be REALLY difficult.

Stan Malinowski
01-10-2004, 01:46 PM
I always use the ploy to tell the wife that the guitar is not really new but one that I have owned for years!

Unfortunately after I used this ploy 3 times my wife caught on!:(

John Price
01-11-2004, 05:51 PM
Welcome aboard! can't wait to see your new guitar! it should be a killer like all the Anderson guitars are!:D