PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need these?

LonestarGtr
12-22-2005, 04:02 AM
Before I put these items up on ebay I was wondering if anyone on the board would be interested in:

Fulltone Fulldrive 2 old version w/ pull comp cut, a few scratches, works great. $150 SOLD

Rocktron Velocity 120 stereo power amp 1-rack-space, good condition. $125

(3) Sennheiser 609 large diaphragm cardioid mics. Newer updated version of the 409. Not quite as good, but not nearly as expensive. Good, warm guitar mic. $100 ea.

Line 6 Echo Pro $350 SOLD

Zion Radicaster w/floyd licensed trem. Made in USA. Late 80's/early 90's Arctic White with black hardware, bird's eye maple neck, very light alder body, HSS pu conf. w/some sort of humbucker? (sounds like a duncan '59 but I got it from the Fender Custom Shop here in Nashville and it's not marked), and 2 Fender Texas Special singles. It's the next best thing to getting a Pro Am. Pics are available here:

Zion Pics (http://photobucket.com/albums/c205/lonegtr/zion%20guitar/)

REDUCED! $500 or make offer.

Paypal accepted. Thanks!

Mike

olectric
12-22-2005, 08:57 AM
You're selling your Tone Press? What compressor are you using now?

LonestarGtr
12-22-2005, 10:08 AM
well, we're off right now, but I went back to my old standby, maxon cp101. I recently got an Emma Transmorgrifier, but I haven't gotten to use it live yet. It's more like a studio quality comp in a stomp box. It sounds good at home.

Mike

Rhys
12-22-2005, 01:24 PM
is shipping included or extra?

LonestarGtr
12-22-2005, 03:04 PM
I'll include shipping within cont. US.

thanks,
Mike

guitarzan
12-22-2005, 05:55 PM
I'll take the echo pro.

check PM's in 3 minutes.

funalij
12-24-2005, 05:10 AM
PM Sent (barber)

Javier

bud
12-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Is the Tone Press sold yet? (got some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket :) )

Thanks,
Glen

Lucidology
12-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Mike (LonestarGtr), I'm very curious how you would compare the Maxon to the Barber Tone Press, and why you decided to go back to the Maxon?

In my own experience, I've come to completely rely upon the Maxon for use with all my guitars, including my Nylon acoustic/electric. In fact, I would even go as far to say it's the one pedal I could use all by itself going directly into an amp.

I've owned or tried just about every Compressor on the market and the Maxon just beat 'em all when it comes to transparency and maintaining a natural attack. It doesn't distort the single no matter how much you turn up the sustain knob. Thus it works extremely well as a clean boost using the level knob.

As of yet though, I haven't tried the Barber Tone press, but it certainly has gotten some great reviews.

LonestarGtr
12-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Actually,

Funalij from Spain has first dibs on the tone press if I can 1) locate the silly thing and 2) figure out if it's cost effective to ship it there. If that doesn't happen, I'll put Bud (Glen) in the on deck circle. I thought it was in a box in my guitar closet and I just cleaned out the whole closet yesterday and I had a sparkle drive in the box, so it must be at my cartage/storage locker downtown, which I don't get to as often, so I need to run down there probably early next week.

As for a comparison, I feel that the maxon is one of the most underrated comp pedals. It doesn't color the sound and you can set it for just a little compression without losing attack or tone. If you want more, like you said, you turn up the sustain and it sounds close to a dyna-comp but without the distortion that I always get with a dyna-comp. The tone press is its own animal and to be fair, I only tried it out in the "very little compression" vein and I just couldn't set it to where I could "feel" the compression without it being too much or not enough. It's probably totally a feel thing and it ends up being whatever you get used to, I'm just probably used to the maxon. I'll post later once we get rolling about what I think of the Emma Transmorgrifier.

later,
Mike

LonestarGtr
01-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Ok,

Tone Press is missing. That's what I get for having too much gear in storage closets and lockers. If I find it in the future I will repost it. Sorry for the bother. I did find a Fulldrive 2 that I'm not using so it's for sale. It has heavy duty velcro stuff on the bottom and no rubber feet because it's been on a pedalboard. Other than that, it's in good shape.

thanks,
Mike

guitarzan
01-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Mike,
just so you know, I purchased a CP101. I haven't received yet, so I can't post any comments, but I think I should warn you that if I use this pedal and I DON'T have platinum selling records by summertime, your managegement is getting a very stern letter.

until then,
-corey

;)

bud
01-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Ok,

Tone Press is missing. That's what I get for having too much gear in storage closets and lockers. If I find it in the future I will repost it. Sorry for the bother. I did find a Fulldrive 2 that I'm not using so it's for sale. It has heavy duty velcro stuff on the bottom and no rubber feet because it's been on a pedalboard. Other than that, it's in good shape.

thanks,
Mike

Dang, now I have to go find one of them CP101 contraptions.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Mike.

Glen

LonestarGtr
01-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Hey, at the rate our new cd is selling, your letter will be right on top of mine!

I think you'll be happy with the Maxon. I usually can't say enough good things about it, but in the end it's all so subjective. It's funny, for the longest time, I'd hear people playing Mesa amps and thought they sounded great, but when I plugged into one, I thought it was too harsh and thin. Now, I own a single rectifier 50 and it sounds great... who knows?

We're supposed to rehearse at the end of the month, so I'll give the transmorgrifier a good run through then.

Mike

guitarzan
01-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Hey, at the rate our new cd is selling, your letter will be right on top of mine!

whew, that was close. I was sealing up my resume and demo tape to send to you guys. I guess now I'll have to send it over to Jimmy and the gang in Diamond Rio.

:)

LonestarGtr
01-04-2006, 10:35 PM
ouch!

Mike