PDA

View Full Version : The most expensive Anderson?

killerburst
12-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Anderson #1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/Tom-Anderson-Electric-Guitar-Collectors-Item-1_W0QQitemZ7375907456QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZW DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

edwarddavis
12-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Hmmm, If it was in better shape and did have the Locking trem I might consider buying it. LOL
Ed :p

enr1co
12-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Tom, this must be another trip down memory lane ;)

How soon after this guitar did the switching system evolve to the
current version of "switcheroo"?

BTW, what is the origin of the naming of "switcheroo"?

e

korinabill
12-19-2005, 01:08 AM
Tom, you certainly know better than I do, but I was of the opinion that the pink to red Pro Am with switcheroo that I recently sold to someone in the TAG family had the original swicheroo. It came in a '72 style Fender case, has a Floyd & also scalloped fretboard....

tom
12-19-2005, 12:45 PM
without going to the data base to lookm up dates, here's a recalling of the history.
there was a post from benny with a sparkle blue guitar owned by basil fung that had many switches on it. it was the first blower switch. soon after that we added the three individual pickup on off on switches to do series parallel or series split. the customer had to order it one way or the other. paralle was popular in the late 80's with all the rack gear and the over processed LA sound. as split became more popular, we were doing lots of conversions and thought it would be nice to let the customer change it themselves. we came up with the pc mounted switches which allowed all that. someone, and i'm sorry i can't remember who, maybe joe, jokingly said how about switcheroo or switchorama? it stuck, and still remains.