PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations To Pluto & JoeB63!

Stan Malinowski
01-08-2004, 08:02 AM
Congratulations to both you guys, from what I saw over at the Gear Page Forum it looks Mark (Pluto) was able to keep his (well, now Joe's) beautiful HDTC in the Anderson Forum Family!

Joe, you have no idea how close that guitar was to being mine about a month ago. Mark and I had numerous email converstaions about my purchasing that guitar. Sad for me, but great for you, that a month ago Mark was still struggling with letting go of the guitar (I have experienced seller's remorse many times also). Luckily I found another used HDTC that I can call my own. If I hadn't I guarantee that I would have bought Mark's guitar in less than a second!

So Mark, what new toy are you going to buy with the proceeds from the sale?

pluto
01-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Thanks Stan. Actually, I emailed Joe last night to send him pictures and to tell him not to rush into buying it until he's seen the latest pics. The newer pictures reflected the change in pickup configuration and my attempt to take a picture of that small dimple on the binding. I haven't heard back from Joe yet, but I hope the sale goes through. As for new guitars-I'm looking at several: a Cobra, a solid Drop Top (with the regular TA standard neck), a Suhr Standard or a GMW Schenker replica. I was set on the GMW replica, but something tells me not to do it especially since the ETA of the newest batch keeps increasing (first it was December, then January, now it's March, maybe April-yikes! I read a HC review that warned of that kind of stuff). So anyway, I'll more than likely end up with another Anderson or perhaps a Suhr this time around.

Stan Malinowski
01-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Sorry, I thought the deal was finalized! I hope I didn't jinx the deal....

Nice wish of toys you "want"!

pluto
01-08-2004, 01:06 PM
No problem Stan. I just received an email from him-Basically, I'm holding it until I hear from him tomorrow as he wants to think about it. That's cool-there's nothing worse than seller's remorse than buyer's remorse! Who knows-if it doesn't sell, I might just send it up to Tom and just get the neck I want-I'd actually save a little cash by doing that instead of buying a new guitar.

Stan Malinowski
01-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Mark, what neck would you get?

pluto
01-08-2004, 01:45 PM
TA standard, no fretmarkers. The slight oversize throws me off a bit because my fingers are on the shorter side-my attempts at doing those Paul Gilbert exercise G Ionian runs starting on the third fret, sixth string gets thrown off!! I used to own a Hollow T with the TA standard, and I liked it. I love the cobra size neck the most, but that's with the shorter scale. As for the fretmarker thing-as I said on my earlier post (your Koa WTB ad), I simply love the no fretmarker thing.

Stan Malinowski
01-08-2004, 01:52 PM
Actually, the Koa Hollow DTC I just ought has a madagascar on maple neck with no fretmarkers and I am having it replaced! The real issue with the old neck is it has a 1 5/8" nut with a TA Standard Carve. I had a DT with a 1 11/16" TA Std carve and it was way too small, my hands would cramp after about 20 minutes of playing. I've found my perfect neck - 1 11/16 62 Roundback.

pluto
01-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Oh, I didn't know you were replacing the neck too. I can see why if you're used to a roundback-a TA standard with 1 and 5/8 nut-that's a shredder's guitar!

oscar100
01-08-2004, 03:35 PM
guys

whats the gear forum?

:o

pluto
01-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by oscar100
guys

whats the gear forum?

:o

www.thegearpage.net -it's one of my favorite forums (along with this one of course!).

pluto
01-09-2004, 03:02 PM
Just an update for those interested. Joe did buy the guitar. I hope he enjoys it. If you're reading this Joe, thanks again for everything. Now the big question is what toy shall I buy?? The GMW Schenker V is still a probability but I want to talk to Lee Garver first-I don't know how accurate his ETA dates are and I've read complaints about that. Wildwood has a used Crowdster-that would work well at church but it's sort of one dimensional. The Suhr standard looks nice, but is kind of out of my price range at this point. Maybe use the $$ as a deposit for a custom Anderson-that way I can specify everything that I want. Any other suggestions??

Stan Malinowski
01-09-2004, 03:14 PM
International Law clearly states that all money received from the sale of an Anderson must be used on another Anderson!:D :D

Seriously, congrats to both of you. Well....OK....maybe more congrats to Joe, that is one KILLER guitar!!!:D

pluto
01-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Stan Malinowski
International Law clearly states that all money received from the sale of an Anderson must be used on another Anderson!:D :D

I know, I know-if I break the Anderson Law, I hope I don't get busted-I may get my Anderson playing privileges taken away!! I have huge work deadlines this month and next month, and all I'm doing is thinking of what gear to get. GAS is a sickness.

Stan Malinowski
01-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Pluto,

I hear what your saying. Disaster struck the development program I am in charge of late Friday afternoon. Here I am at work on a Saturday morning on a guiatr forum, talking and STILL dreaming about GAS! I am as demented as you!:D

JoeB63
01-10-2004, 06:02 PM
I'm looking forward to getting the guitar. Thanks Pluto (a pleasure to deal with).

Now all I need is a Hollow T to complete my TA collection. Then I need to get to work on my T&A collection. Nevermind...

Stan Malinowski
01-11-2004, 10:26 AM
Joe,

I think we know what's on your mind today! First you say a person should never floss their nuts in another thread and here we have T&A!!!:D :D

On a serious note, I'm glad a forumite snagged Pluto's HDTC - it is a beautiful guitar. Any plans to convert back to original pickup setup?

JoeB63
01-11-2004, 06:18 PM
I don't know, I've got to hear it first. I like HBs in the neck position, except on a Strat-type guitar. I probably wouldn't have bought it if it had the original pickup config.

pluto
01-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Hey Joe, thanks again for buying the guitar. I've sent you a email with all the tracking no. info. It'll get to your house on Wednesday. Thanks again-I'm glad this guitar did go to someone else on this forum.

JoeB63
01-16-2004, 12:37 AM
Holding the guitar right now. HDTC good. Mmmmm...

Had to remove the 4th trem spring - much better. It's hard to get a good feel for the tone tonight because my head is all stuffy (a cold or allergies).

The guitar looks brand new. Thanks Pluto. I can't even find the spot you mentioned in the original ad.

It's surpringly not that light for a hollowbody. It feels slightly heavier than my Classic, which is 7lbs even. I could be wrong about that though.

pluto
01-16-2004, 01:58 AM
Joe, I forgot about the 5th spring (btw-I like having 4 springs on my guitars since I don't use the vibrato too much-more stability for me). Anyway, I'll look for the 5th spring and if you want I'll send it up to you. Let me know-I'm leaving tomorrow on a trip to the Big Island and won't be back till next Tuesday so I won't be able to respond until then. As for the dimple, look closely at the bottom horn, top-it's on the binding-it's not noticeable unless you take a careful look because it looks like it's part of the binding. I have no idea how it got there and only noticed it when I was polishing the guitar one day. Anyway, thanks again for buying the guitar and have fun with it! Mark