PDA

View Full Version : End of the internet...

ryman150
12-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Do you all ever feel like you're that guy who get's to that site that says, "you have reached the end of the internet. Please go back!" ?

I have my list of favorites I seem to check 10 times per day. Sometimes there is a lot going on. Lately, it seems like nothing new or exciting has come about. Haha. Just expressing my thoughts. No particular reason :cool:

tom
12-12-2005, 08:37 PM
yeah, i've cut my list shorter cause i feel guilty about wasting time. i think with christmas coming everyone is a bit busier so they're not surfing as much.

ryman150
12-12-2005, 09:27 PM
:o Yeah I guess that would make sense...

BoraBora
12-12-2005, 11:57 PM
I go through my list of favorite sites and think the same thing. Sometimes I forget that there are other sites out there. :D

guitarzan
12-13-2005, 12:53 AM
this is also the calm before the storm, when the usual bit of gear-oriented hustle and bustle is being focused on NAMM.

Tom, isn't this the year that you're unveiling the new 12-string Hollow Koa-topped Crowtom w/ the onboard Dumble-designed preamp and Strobo Tuner?

GaryMcT
12-13-2005, 02:24 AM
Please don't announce any more new models!! I'm already GASing for the ones that I don't have. :) My wife and I saw the NW Guitar folks on stage tonight with a Crowdster and a Cobra. . . I didn't even have to say anything and she said "you want both of those don't you?" :) Nevermind the fact that I still don't have a classic T or a classic. :) The Cobra was especially cool since the guy that was playing it used the same amp that I use. . . . sounded really really nice.

olectric
12-13-2005, 10:09 AM
Do you all ever feel like you're that guy who get's to that site that says, "you have reached the end of the internet. Please go back!" ?

That's really funny. I feel the same way and have said the exact same thing to one of our forum members here. It's at that point that we must go practice!

tom
12-13-2005, 11:24 AM
can't you keep a secret corey? i can't tell you anything.
gary, my son was home this weekend, and i think you're his new best friend.

guitarzan
12-13-2005, 11:28 AM

why, because there's one less amp around the house these days? :)

tom
12-13-2005, 11:31 AM
no, he helped my son with some online game stuff, something the old man knows nothing about.

guitarzan
12-13-2005, 11:39 AM
ah... got it. I remember the thread. and, thruth be told, I thought you were talking to me. I know, I know, I know, it clearly says "gary"( I thought you were saying that Gary was your son's name), but I can either blame it on the fact that it's still early here or I can blame it on my egocentric eyes that assume all compliments are about yours truly.

Okay, for Anderson Forum stupidity, I'm putting myself on forum probation. I'll see y'all on Friday. :)

Duotones
12-14-2005, 01:36 AM
'Cause I'm a doctor (pathologist), I have to find many information and new prospect about disease. When internet was not popular, I had to visit library and search the list of journals and CD-roms to acquire exact information I wanted.

Now? I just visit the pubmed and search some new topics and journals by only typing some keywords. It's a great gift for us.

Also I can find abundant information about guitars including TAG and can discuss with many builders like tom who are more than 5000 miles apart from me. About 10 years ago, I could just acquire some information from some clerks at the guitar shop, but most of information was myth or wrong beliefs. So I feel that internet is a great gift. But it can be disaster in some cases.

Some guys blame others only because others don't have same opinion as themselves. I can't understand why they have to criticize others. Everyone has different opinion and belief, because we're grown up in different envornment and different culture. This phenomenon is very serious in Korea and some stupid Koreans blame others in internet sites of foreign countries. I'm afraid how foreigners evaluate characteristics of Koreans. And Internet can manupulate public opinion with ease. All of them are bad aspects of internet.

Sorry for my poor English. I have to look up the dictionary to write some replies and it took about 10 to 20 minutes.

Jinwon Seo

Guitarded
12-16-2005, 11:26 AM
I concur wholeheartedly! Don't get me started on the inability of 21st century western culture to think!
My wife has become something of an internet guru regarding geneology and also quilting. The internet has become a great source of information for both of us. But it will never replace face to face contact for being a better quilter or a better guitar player. I have to go practise now...

GaryMcT
12-17-2005, 05:33 PM
can't you keep a secret corey? i can't tell you anything.

Cool. . hopefully he isn't playing games TOO much. :)