PDA

View Full Version : ATA cases on ebay

RGB
12-01-2005, 11:49 AM
I found these nice looking ATA guitar cases on ebay with foam lining and I need a couple for a road trip to Hawaii in January.

Just wondering if anyone knows if there's any chance of finish damage with this type of lining? I know that the rubber used on guitar stands can be damaging to certain finishes, so I'm concerned about my Anderson and my Tele.

This is just the standard foam that you find in most road cases. Gator cases have a nice ATA case that's plush lined, but more than twice the price.

ryman150
12-01-2005, 12:55 PM
I need a couple for a road trip to Hawaii in January.

You're gonna need more than an ATA case if you're takin' a road trip to Hawaii ;)

tom
12-01-2005, 01:25 PM
the crowder guys have dandee cases and they are not lined, just have the grey foam on the inside, and there have been no finish issues.

ryman150
12-01-2005, 05:13 PM
If anything, buy the case, and you could always have it relined inside. That wouldn't cost too much I wouldn't think.

RGB
12-02-2005, 10:56 AM
You're gonna need more than an ATA case if you're takin' a road trip to Hawaii ;)

I guess some scuba gear maybe??

Thanks guys, I guess I could always get some cloth to protect it, but if the Crowder guys have no issues, it must be ok!