PDA

View Full Version : Hello from England

allicio
11-25-2005, 12:08 PM
Hi there, how you guys doing? Just wanted to introduce myself, my names Andy and im from a crappy town in England called Bradford.
Ive just taken delivery of a beautifull Hollow T classic after a 10 month wait!!
Ill fill you in on the story.
I ordered the guitar from a shop called sound control in a near by city, they are not Anderson dealers as (as your probably aware ) there are very few in the uk. but as they deal with Westside Distribution on a regular basis i was told they could get me one. WOO HOO!!!!!
The order was placed and i was told there was a build time of 4 months.
April came and went
May came and went
By the beguining of june i was getting impatient so rang the shop only told that they have on the phone to the distribution company a few times and the guitar was due any day.
Finally at the end of june i got a phone call this is it i thought its here! only to be told that there had been a cock up and Westside had never placed the order! I had waited 6 months for a guitar that was never gonna be built!
By means of compensation Westside agreed to absorb the cost of a piezo powerbridge option, and the shop agreed to give me a levys leather strap that had caught my eye. So the order was re-placed!
I then decided to contact Roy Fought to explain the situation and to ask him to verify that my order was placed. He was absolutly a pleasure to deal with, he got back to me straight away with a copy of the order form, which was still wrong!!! and after confirming the changes for him and based on Roys recommendations i decided to change from tv pick ups to the M series pick ups which are awesome.
I took delivery of the guitar in October and to say im pleased is the understatement of the bloody century!!!!! i know im preaching to the converted here!!!! but it really is the betst guitar i have ever played!!!
i just cant stop playing it!
It was deffinately worth the wait!

ANYWAY!! i Just thought i would tell my (long) story which i suppose the moral would have to be,
Very good things come to those who wait!

Andy.

Just got to save up for a crowdster now!!!

Allamricn
11-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Welcome Andy !! From one new member to another.. Yeah, save your money because you WILL NOT be diappointed with the Crowdster..good luck
Bob

funalij
11-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Hi Andy:

Welcome aboard.
It was a long way waitting for guitar, but at last, you've got it.

I owned a TC with M's too and it's a number one.
enjoy playing

Javier

tom
11-26-2005, 12:43 PM
sorry it took so long, but i'm glad you like it. welcome aboard.

GaryMcT
11-26-2005, 08:32 PM
You have more patience than I do! :)

Welcome aboard!

ToneLounge
11-27-2005, 12:00 AM
Welcome from a Hollow T Classic player in California - great choice with the M's!

BoraBora
11-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the board. Sorry to hear about your long wait, but I'm sure it was worth it in the end. :)