PDA

View Full Version : M with a Single anyone?

Rhys
11-25-2005, 10:07 AM
I've seen a couple of pictures of andy's with an M in the neck and a regular single in the middle position. Anyone have one or played one?

Particularly wondering if the M and SD1 would be a desirable combined sound. I know I dig the M alone and it sounds great with the split bridge. Just can't decide if I should get an M in the middle or not. Do you guys with Ms in the middle use it much alone?

olectric
11-25-2005, 11:39 AM
I have an Atom with M1-M1-M3, and I do use every pickup configuration, which includes the middle M. The neck M1 on my Atom sounds like a neck position single coil, except much bigger. The middle M1 sounds a little brighter without some of the lower end. It seems to growl a little more, whereas the neck M1 is throatier. Mr. Maybe could consult his vast database of Anderson adjectives to find something that may help you out more. All this is to say that yes, I do use the middle M1 by itself in my Atom. In a 3 single coil guitar, I never use the middle pickup.

I've also played a Hollow T Classic with M1-SA1-TD3+, and I thought the M1/SA1 split position had a pretty different sound than two single coils. It was bigger and not quite as quacky, but it had a really cool sound in its own right. Hope that helps.

Hoyt
11-26-2005, 06:22 PM
I have a Hollow T with an M-S-M configuration. Originally I had all Ms, but found I never used the middle pickup. All of the sounds are great, but the one that seems to grab other guitar players is the combination of Neck M and Middle S. Don't know exactly how to describe it, but the sound is amazing.

Son of Anderson
11-27-2005, 12:51 AM
i would also echo that the combo of m's in neck and middle is pretty dark. the combo of min the neck and sd1 in the middle gives more authentic strat combo tones.

bluesman69
11-27-2005, 07:01 PM
I have a Hollow T with an M-S-M configuration. Originally I had all Ms, but found I never used the middle pickup. All of the sounds are great, but the one that seems to grab other guitar players is the combination of Neck M and Middle S. Don't know exactly how to describe it, but the sound is amazing.
I have to agree my Hollow T is M-S-S and the combination is awesome!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/bluesman69/Guitars/My_TAs1a.jpg