PDA

View Full Version : New owner - Houston

Tremendo
11-23-2005, 06:44 PM
Although I got a used Cobra S a month ago, I just got a new Cobra S today and figured I'd throw up a pic. Great sounding guitar, amazing tone!

Tom Matz

Tremendo
12-04-2005, 12:18 AM
The more I play this new Cobra S, the more I like it. The tone is totally amazing! Today I played it through my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and it sounded killer. Even through my IEM's I can get a good feel for the tone. This morning I played it through my old Mesa Boogie Mark III with 3/4 back extension cabinet, and it had lots of bite, sounds full, lots of bite, cuts through, and ohh, did I mention lots of bite? I'm even getting used to the 24 1/2" scale and the Cobra neck feel, sliding blindly 5, 7 and even 12 frets.

I guess the final report is that between my Parker Fly Deluxe, 1982 San Dimas Charvel, 80's custom Jackson Charvel, American Fender Strat Deluxe, etc, this new Cobra S will be my main guitar at our big gig this Friday.

ctoddrun
12-05-2005, 08:42 AM
Congrats, Tom.

I know you DIG that Cobra.

...all you need is my Hollow Drop Top to make your collection complete...

Did I just say that out loud?

;)

Tremendo
12-05-2005, 09:19 AM
...all you need is my Hollow Drop Top to make your collection complete...

Hey... Aren't you in need of a Cobra?

Sixx
12-06-2005, 10:21 AM
I think I recognize that one. Killer looking gitfiddle you got there. DId you get it at Charley's???

Tremendo
12-06-2005, 10:32 AM
DId you get it at Charley's???
Yes I did. I'm liking it more and more as I play it. I originally got a different Cobra S with the '62 roundback, and was hoping this one fit me better. It does and I am also love the sound of the M's. Last night I was rehearsing in my studio and the lead for Comfortably Numb still has the strat sound, but so full at the same time. I know that doesn't make much sense, but I'm in tone heaven. :)

Tremendo
12-10-2005, 10:54 AM
OK, I know I'm talking a lot here, but my 3 piece did a gig yesterday, 4 1/2 hours of music for a Christmas party in a Ballroom, 400+ people. The only guitar I played the whole night was this new Cobra. I was happy with the versatility of sound and playing comfort. The rosewood neck held up well when I swung it over my head and stuck it through the bass drum. (just kidding!)

AndyT
12-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Hey... Aren't you in need of a Cobra?

What does your used Cobra look like? Going to sell it? Just curious.

Tremendo
12-10-2005, 06:43 PM
What does your used Cobra look like? Going to sell it? Just curious.

Yeah, it's listed in the Used Anderson section, there's a pic also.
http://www.andersonforum.com/board/showthread.php?t=2588