PDA

View Full Version : Line 6

jimmieb
11-21-2005, 12:41 AM
Tom or anyone,

I'm trying to find the post where Tom made the schematic for expanding the pre-sets on the Line 6 modeling pedals. I think I found it but it wouldn't open. Is it damaged from the last virus the forum got?

Jimmie B

tom
11-21-2005, 11:24 AM
email me and i'll send it to you. i haven't had any luck posting photos. aguitars@earthlink.net

sylvanshine
11-21-2005, 06:46 PM
It's gone because no one had looked at it in over a year and I needed the space on my web site. Sorry.

guitarzan
11-21-2005, 08:41 PM
I'll post it tonight

guitarzan
11-21-2005, 11:05 PM
http://www.dognmoon.com/anderson/lin6is.JPG

http://www.dognmoon.com/anderson/line6mod.jpg

http://www.dognmoon.com/anderson/line6os.JPG

jimmieb
11-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks Guys,

This is the best forum I've ever posted on. Great people... Thanks!!!

Jimmie B

guitarzan
11-22-2005, 12:21 PM
so now that I've posted this- what is it again?

tom
11-22-2005, 01:26 PM
it's a preset doubler sort of. it makes a second bank of sounds. the only limitation is the two sounds have to be the same model. you can change all perameters, but it has to be the same model. it does what an expression pedal can do, but you only get the extreme ends of the pedal. does that make sense?

guitarzan
11-22-2005, 01:29 PM
ahhh.. gotcha.

olectric
11-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Thanks Guys,

This is the best forum I've ever posted on. Great people... Thanks!!!

Jimmie B

+100000000

Duotones
11-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Thanks a lot, I love this forum!! :D

Can this modification be applied to other line6 pedals like MM4 or DL4?

Jinwon Seo

tom
11-22-2005, 05:49 PM
yes, all the big ones.

jimmieb
11-22-2005, 11:36 PM
Tom,

The mod probably doesn't allow the expression pedal to be used after that. I'm not sure that I'd even use it, but I was saving a little space on my board for an expression pedal. Maybe a looper is more important for that real estate than an Expression pedal.

Do you feel that regardless of the "True Bypass" thing, You lose tone in a line of 10 or more pedals? Do you use any loopers to eliminate pedals from the signal path or any Buffers to kick up the signal?

Has anyone tried the Keeley Mod for the DL4? Keeley bills it an eliminator of a great deal of RF and causes the pedal to not drop in volume when it's activated. It's a 100 bucks.

Jimmie B

tom
11-23-2005, 10:57 AM
if you leave the switch in the off position, the expression pedal can still be used. the switch just tells the effect that the pedal is in the all the way on position.
10 pedals means at least 10 feet of cable, probably more, so there's something there. unless you play with nothing on, you'll be buffered, which would help with the cable length. we could argue all day about cable loss/buffering, in the end we use what we use and do what we can to make it work for us. i have used a looper, but am currently not because of lack of space. if i had room i'd probably use one. i use a launch pad at the end of my chain to boost the whole mess up just a bit and to buffer before the vol pedal.
no exp with the keeley mod. i don't currently have any line6 boxes on my board.

jimmieb
11-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Tom,
Thanks for the info...
What are you using for a delay now? How many pedal are you currently using?

tom
11-23-2005, 08:50 PM
the dd20 is the delay now. i'm down to a smaller board now, sure miss the real estate. rmc wah, v stack, tube zone, burn unit, blues pro, trem,loop with tc chorus, dd20, launch pad w/tuner in the second out, eb jr. the od's change pretty regularly except the burn unit. you know the phrase, so many pedals, so little space.

njjessee
11-24-2005, 09:34 AM
Tom - how do you like the V-Stack?

Anyone tried a ProAnalog dual drive?

Noah

tom
11-24-2005, 01:14 PM
it is very diffeent than everything else. i use it for a whole different character. it cleans and brightens up greatly when you roll down the guitar volume. with the guitar all the way up it can be set for very saturated high gain, and when you roll the guitar down to 7-8, it sounds like a cleanish ac30. i use it when i need a bright cleanish rythm sound and higher gain single note lines for a different part of the song. it works best with amps that are not to bright to start with. it's not what anyone would call a "transparent" pedal, but that's what i like about it. it's like you're playing a different amp.