PDA

View Full Version : Bogner Shiva

edwarddavis
11-20-2005, 05:57 AM
I am planning on buying a Bogner Shiva. Tried one out and it was really great. I have heard lots of greatthing about them. Anybody here play a anderson with one. I have a koch amp and it is awesome with the andersons but I want another great amp with great cleans and killer distortion. Any thougts good or bad before I drop a bundle , anyone have a used shiva FS?.
thanks Ed :)

ckofahl
11-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Bogners are great amps. But tone is such a subjective thing. I had a shiva and kept it one day and sold it. I liked the clean, but the lead channel seemed weak and enemic, it wasn't that it was bad, but just wasnt for me.

Suriel Zayas
11-20-2005, 07:54 PM
I have a koch amp and it is awesome with the andersons
you see the problem is that andersons make any amp sound goooooooood.

edwarddavis
11-24-2005, 06:38 AM
what model el-34 or 6l6 . i want the el-34. I had a VHT pitbull 45. Had it one day sold two days later . Just was not for me so I understand. :mad:

ckofahl
11-24-2005, 09:52 AM
It was the el 34. It didn't have enough gain in the lead channel. This was before I had any pedals. I really thought the clean was very good.

korinabill
12-04-2005, 01:18 AM
I had a Shiva 2x12 open back combo, EL34s. I loved everything about it except for one thing: It weighed a TON. I had to hoist that thing up 2 flights of stairs and decided to find something lighter weight. Lately, I've thought about maybe a 6L6 head only. Besides the weight, I got great clean sound and plenty of lead girth as well. I ran absolutely everything through it, all the way from TAGs, Fenders, PRS Santana.....

andersonguy
12-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Former Shiva owner here as well..
Great amp, mine was the 6L6.
For me the clean channel sounded great and the crunch didnt quite cut it.
I ended up using the clean channel pushed and drive pedals up front. This gave me some serious tone. Found the effects loop somewhat useless.
I figured I'd just get a single channel amp instead.

If you get one, I'd recommend getting a head and cab seperate. The combo weighs a freaken ton!

Bogner makes great stuff.

Good luck

RC

brian b
12-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Contact Brian Harris here on the forum or at Charley's Guitar shop.. He has used them with his rig.