PDA

View Full Version : If any are curious about what we do over here. . .

GaryMcT
11-14-2005, 06:51 PM
Here's a review of the xbox version of Half-Life 2, which should be on shelves tomorrow:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/666/666049p1.html

olectric
11-14-2005, 07:03 PM
That's pretty cool, man. I'm not a huge gamer myself, but I did get into the original Half Life. Are you going to come out with a PS2 version?

tom
11-14-2005, 07:17 PM
my son's a big fan.

Son of Anderson
11-14-2005, 07:48 PM
I am an online gamer by trade.

Gary you work for vavle? or microsoft or something? I dont play any new games since my graphic card is way out of date, but i do play some oldies. Quake 1 Team Fortress is still the best game/mod ever made, you cant beat the physics or or gameplay but unfortunatley the learning curve is soo high and there are too many client side cvar and variables so new players can't sompete with the old timers. Also, i play Enemy Territory Fortress which is almost a perfect port of QWTF to the enemny territory engine. slightly larger community but full of 12 year old punks.

long story short, Team fortress is where it is at. I am sure there is aither a dev team out already for PC version of HL2 working on Team fortress or more likelit is already out. i choose not to research it becuase it will just make me want a computer upgrade and the funds for something like that could go to many more practical uses.

tom
11-14-2005, 08:00 PM
see what you can learn at college ;)

GaryMcT
11-14-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm a drop out, so I'm not a good example. :) I spent most of my time in college writing 3D graphics engines at home.

GaryMcT
11-14-2005, 08:41 PM
I am an online gamer by trade.

Gary you work for vavle? or microsoft or something? I dont play any new games since my graphic card is way out of date, but i do play some oldies. Quake 1 Team Fortress is still the best game/mod ever made, you cant beat the physics or or gameplay but unfortunatley the learning curve is soo high and there are too many client side cvar and variables so new players can't sompete with the old timers. Also, i play Enemy Territory Fortress which is almost a perfect port of QWTF to the enemny territory engine. slightly larger community but full of 12 year old punks.

long story short, Team fortress is where it is at. I am sure there is aither a dev team out already for PC version of HL2 working on Team fortress or more likelit is already out. i choose not to research it becuase it will just make me want a computer upgrade and the funds for something like that could go to many more practical uses.

I work at Valve. Playing my lovely Anderson guitars is my escape from work.

Have you tried the new version of DoD? Let me know if not, I can send you a key to play our games for free. What card do you have? Our games run pretty well on old cards.

GaryMcT
11-14-2005, 08:42 PM
That's pretty cool, man. I'm not a huge gamer myself, but I did get into the original Half Life. Are you going to come out with a PS2 version?

No, no PS2 version. :( It would be really really hard to make Half-Life 2 work on a PS2. Xbox was hard enough. :)

Son of Anderson
11-14-2005, 08:47 PM
I work at Valve. Playing my lovely Anderson guitars is my escape from work.

Have you tried the new version of DoD? Let me know if not, I can send you a key to play our games for free. What card do you have? Our games run pretty well on old cards.

what a generous offer! unfortunately i have not played the new version of Day of Defeat. I dont recall ever playing the old one, although i think i did play a version of it on Playstation. I have a gf420mx =[

Son of Anderson
11-14-2005, 08:50 PM
Are u talking about DOD source? it looks similar to some RTCW mods mized with BF1942. It looks fun and i love the team aspect.

GaryMcT
11-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Are u talking about DOD source? it looks similar to some RTCW mods mized with BF1942. It looks fun and i love the team aspect.

Yes, that's the one. I'll PM you a key in a moment. You'll need to go to steampowered.com and download the installer if you don't have Steam already.

tom
11-14-2005, 08:55 PM
ok is this english you guys are speaking? this is when i realize how old i am.

Son of Anderson
11-14-2005, 08:59 PM
i feel teh same way when you guys talk about nutwidths and scale lengths and sustainers... and all those crazy pedals...

Son of Anderson
11-14-2005, 09:02 PM
i assume i have to pay the 19.95 for the game in order to aactually use the key, right?

guitarzan
11-14-2005, 09:05 PM
So THIS is what it sounds like at the Father Son picnics in Agoura Hills, huh.

My boys are 7 and 5 and they grunt and groan when I talk guitars. ...Maybe it's because I gave my guitars names also... and I say prayers with them at night... and they get to sit next to me on guitar stands at the dinner table... and I take them to the circus...

GaryMcT
11-14-2005, 09:09 PM
i assume i have to pay the 19.95 for the game in order to aactually use the key, right?

No, you shouldn't have to pay anything. Let me find the installer and I'll post a link.

Son of Anderson
11-14-2005, 09:10 PM
we dont groan over conversation. We get along just swell, and i even like talking about guitars. but mostly just to the extent of "ooooooh, that one is pretty" or "so how many guitars have you made for yourself these last three months?" :D

GaryMcT
11-14-2005, 09:14 PM
No, you shouldn't have to pay anything. Let me find the installer and I'll post a link.

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=getsteamnow

Just download this and install it. Once you get that installed, there should be a place in there somewhere for adding new keys to get new games.

Tom, is 35 too old to get adopted? I wouldn't mind talking about guitars at the dinner table. :)

Son of Anderson
11-14-2005, 09:29 PM
wow, amazing. Thanks a ton. Sorry dad, Gary found me a new toy to play with, several new toys actually!!!!!

GaryMcT
11-14-2005, 09:32 PM
wow, amazing. Thanks a ton. Sorry dad, Gary found me a new toy to play with, several new toys actually!!!!!

Oh no, now I'm going to get plywood-topped guitars. :(

bruce
11-14-2005, 09:42 PM
I guess Tom WON"T be getting "son of anderson" that new graphics card for X-mas... College tuition and a pair of socks might be the ticket.

Son of Anderson
11-14-2005, 10:00 PM
seriously, college tuition is like all of my christmas presents combined for the rest of my life and then some (and by "some" i mean a ton).

tom
11-14-2005, 10:37 PM
i did finish painting a cool trans black with silver sparkle on top cravioto snare today :eek:

Son of Anderson
11-14-2005, 10:47 PM
ohhhhhh my goodness! do you have all the hardware for it? or do you have to send it back to get it all skinned up?

GaryMcT
11-14-2005, 10:48 PM
ohhhhhh my goodness! do you have all the hardware for it? or do you have to send it back to get it all skinned up?

Are you a drummer?

tom
11-14-2005, 11:18 PM
a house full of guitars, and he picked the drums.
don't have the hardware, will send it to ory to have it put together.

Suriel Zayas
11-15-2005, 03:11 PM
a house full of guitars, and he picked the drums.
wait a moment....don't i recall a gorgeous mahogany top on mahogany crowdster (http://andersonforum.com/board/showthread.php?t=1988) or is that just a conversation piece. :confused:

tom
11-15-2005, 04:35 PM
he plays guitar, but he loves playing drums.

BoraBora
11-15-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm sure Gary is too modest to admit this but for those of you who don't follow the video game world, his company Valve is considered one the the premier video game developers. The Tom Anderson of the gaming world if you will. :)

Half-Life 2 is hands down the best First Person Shooter (FPS) video game you can play today.

Son of Anderson
11-16-2005, 12:57 AM
agreed on Valve being one of the most innovative gamming companies out there. Rag-doll anyone? Gary, DoD has me hooked. I have to go in and teach a high school english class tomorrow, and i am having a hrd time pulling myself away from the computer in order to plan the lesson.

GaryMcT
11-16-2005, 02:09 AM
agreed on Valve being one of the most innovative gamming companies out there. Rag-doll anyone? Gary, DoD has me hooked. I have to go in and teach a high school english class tomorrow, and i am having a hrd time pulling myself away from the computer in order to plan the lesson.

I'm glad you like DoD. I haven't actually played it a ton since everyone at work is so good at it, but a lot of folks seem to like it.

tom
11-16-2005, 11:35 AM
thanks a lot gary, another distraction from school :rolleyes:

Prof. Machel
11-16-2005, 04:32 PM

Are you student teaching?

Son of Anderson
11-16-2005, 04:51 PM
no, that doesnt start until i begin the credentialing program (who knows when i will actually start that). A lot of my undergrad classes require/supply us with in class observations as well as teaching in order to better prepare us or in some cases, scare us from teaching. Actual student teaching is full time teaching 5 days aweak without being paid. That wont be possible for me at this point in my life since im getting married and will need to pay rent =].