PDA

View Full Version : FS- New Hollow Classic / Desert Sunset

BCoryH
11-12-2005, 05:15 PM
For Sale - Brand New Tom Anderson Hollow Classic / Desert Sunset. Built 08-31-05P. Never played. Swamp Ash Top on Swamp Ash. Heavy Frets. .020" undersized (old-style) neck. VA12 VA12R VA23. 5 Way, Pull Adds Bridge, Vintage Voicing. .10-.046 strings. Aged White pickguard. Case included.

Here are some photos:
http://homepage.mac.com/cory_hawryluk/PhotoAlbum1.html

Purchased new two months ago through Evans Music in Houston. I am playing more Bluegrass and need a Collings acoustic. Sorry to see it go - it's gorgeous, and exactly what I wanted. (I need to sell it before I get too attached!)

Best offer. ($3599 retail)

Feel free to email me with questions. Thanks for your interest.

Best,

Cory Hawryluk
Houston, TX

guitarzan
11-13-2005, 12:04 AM
corey,
that guitar is absolutely stunning. Sorry to see that it's gotta go.

good luck with the sale

BCoryH
11-14-2005, 03:55 PM
corey,
that guitar is absolutely stunning. Sorry to see that it's gotta go.

good luck with the sale

Thank you. It really is nice. I hope that somebody can give it a good home and play it lots!!

The first offer of $2000K + S&H takes it.

Thanks!

Cory

BCoryH
11-20-2005, 11:07 PM
The guitar sold today.

By the way, I sold it to somebody local, not somebody on the forum. Truth be told, I had only one inquiry from the forum regarding this guitar. Anyone know why? Is this just a less popular model? Was my asking price of "best offer" the wrong approach? Just curious.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Cory

guitarzan
11-21-2005, 12:16 AM
Cory, I wouldn't sweat the silence here on the forum. It's a soft market for guitars around here and it seems to ebb and flow.

Keep in mind this is all TOTALLY SPECULATION but it could be for any one or more of the following reasons:
• Hollow Classic can be found for as much as $500 less than what you were asking ($2k) and most of the guys on the forum keep their guitars in immaculate condition, so the fact that yours is brand new is less of a boost. Not to mention taht (with exception to the stainless steel frets), the Classic has been around in your configuration for a while- so it won't have the draw that one of the newer models like an Atom or a Crowdster would have.
• I think your neck was undersized (if I'm reading that right) and I'd say that guys around here lean a little more heavily on oversized necks.
• extra money from potential buyers is tied up in the forthcoming holiday expenditures
• In terms of Anderson trends, the Atom and the M-series pups are pretty hot right now, so those seem to be getting the most looks

Again, this is all speculation, and there's no science to my guessing. I can say that the photos of your Classic made the finish look like I could dive in and swim in it- just perfect- so it's really no reflection on the seller or the guitar. I had a Hollow Drop Top Classic on here a couple of months ago and it didn't go either. I'm glad you found a buyer for the Classic- I'm sorry it wasn't me!

I dunno if that was your only Anderson or if you have others, but stick around the forum- it's a good bunch of folks around here...