PDA

View Full Version : Tuning modeling technology?

OSCAR ZOROASTER
11-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Is there a device that can adjust the output from your pickups so as to create altered tunings (open D etc) without actually adjusting the tuning of your guitar? Would you need a specific pu type -?piezo? I know Line 6 makes a modeling guitar, but is there another way just for tuning? And yes I do know how little I know! Thanks for your help and tolerance with what may be an absurd question.

tom
11-12-2005, 01:28 PM
the only things i know of are the line6, rland vguitar, and the trans something or other that has servo motors built into the guitar that actually retunes the guitar for you.

guitarzan
11-12-2005, 03:29 PM
the only things i know of are the line6, rland vguitar, and the trans something or other that has servo motors built into the guitar that actually retunes the guitar for you.

isn't that transtrem a steinberger thing? I think I remember EVH using one on Summer Nights back on the 5150 record/tour.

killerburst
11-12-2005, 09:10 PM
Transperformance. IIRC, it's around $4k for the system, only available on Les Pauls and you must send your guitar to them for installation. Jimmy Page uses it on a few of his guitars. I can't think of a better endorser for such a device.

ToneLounge
11-12-2005, 11:21 PM
Frampton has a transperformance guitar, too. The system does work, but...

1. It adds 5lbs to the weight of the guitar it's on
2. It requires an external battery/power supply that goes on your strap, and also adds weight.