PDA

View Full Version : HA series pups

olectric
11-10-2005, 06:40 PM
What is the difference between the new HA series and the H, HO, and HN pups? It seems to me that the HA was made for the Atom (hence the "A"), but that doesn't tell me much about the sonic differences.

I tried to search for "H2A," but it is too short of a word.

sylvanshine
11-10-2005, 07:02 PM
You nailed it, the A is for Atom. In theory, I think an H2 and an H2A are the same specs. Any sonic differences would come from the guitar. HO is more vintage (lower output) and HN is more mids. I have an HN3A in my Atom and it is a smoker!!

Go to the Anderson site, there are some really good descriptions of the pickups there.

tom
11-10-2005, 07:23 PM
the A does just denote the different mounting plate. jay, i believe the pickup you have is an HW3A? that is a new secret wind :cool:

sylvanshine
11-10-2005, 09:10 PM
that is a new secret wind :cool:
not anymore :)

Suriel Zayas
11-11-2005, 08:33 AM
that is a new secret wind :cool:
here we go, keeping secrets again. now you go stand at the corner of the room facing the wall, count to 25 and promise never to keep secrets from us again.

tom
11-11-2005, 11:14 AM
apparently the 2 zillion models of humbuckers we already make aren't enough for those guys in texas. the HW is a cross between the regular H and an HO technology wise, leaning more towards the H. i'm not sure sonicly that's what you get though. what do you think jay? yours is a hot one as well.

brian b
11-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Well you know everthing in Texas is hotter :rolleyes:

sylvanshine
11-11-2005, 04:36 PM
We're a tinkering bunch out here, that's for sure.

I'd say that the HW3A gets you up in that HN3 territory in terms of mids. It is definitely the fullest range pickup I've ever heard. Really pushes the front end of my amp.