PDA

View Full Version : so many andersons on stage

Suriel Zayas
11-07-2005, 03:07 PM
never seen so many andersons on stage since i took 6 on tour. however, i believe mike & ryan from will have everyone beat. saturday night i went to the david crowder band sold out show in nyc. absolutely excellent show. if you're into andy's, great effects, very thought provocative lyrics & great music, then this is the show to catch. an awesome part of the show was seeing david do a percussive loop thing with the crowdster. my only negative comment is, it seemed to me that the opening acts were just a little too long and not enough time for dcb. next time i'd like to see more of dcb and less of the opening acts. great show! a must see when it comes to a town near you.

olectric
11-07-2005, 04:33 PM
I saw the DCB in their pre-Atom days. There were still 3 Andys onstage--Dave's two Crowdsters, and Jack's HDTC. They're coming to KC this Friday or something like that, and I will have to miss the show! :(

Don't miss them if you get the chance!

Son of Anderson
11-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Did Shane and Shane open for them? And did they play "resue is comming"

olectric
11-07-2005, 05:07 PM

Not at the show I saw. It was almost exactly a year ago, and I showed up just as the opener (I don't know his name) was finishing his version of Over the Rainbow. Something was missing from his performance of that song...

...OH! It was Joey, JC, Lance, and Chris!

<font size = 1>(the rest of n'sync)</font>

tom
11-07-2005, 05:57 PM
i saw the set list from the last few dates, and they did rescue and be lifted. i'm jealous.

Son of Anderson
11-07-2005, 06:36 PM
.........=[

we missed out.

tom
11-07-2005, 06:52 PM
yup. we won't eat the chicken you left behind.

Suriel Zayas
11-07-2005, 07:56 PM

shane & shane, along with robbie sheay band opened. shane & shane was really good.

Suriel Zayas
11-07-2005, 08:01 PM
i saw the set list from the last few dates, and they did rescue and be lifted. i'm jealous.
yes, yes, yes.......two of my favorites......i could've stayed there all night and it isn't just about the music, the lyrics are so powerful. and they say us musicians don't listen to the words, i think with me it came with age and a deeper understanding of the purpose.

njjessee
11-08-2005, 06:08 AM
Okay... you guys have got me. I'm going to see DCB tomorrow night. Can't wait to here the Atom live!

Noah

ryman150
11-08-2005, 10:02 AM
I saw DCB a few years back on the Passion tour. I'd really love to see them again. They put on a rockin show.

Janine Doubly
11-29-2005, 12:36 AM
I saw the Crowder/Shane x 2/Robbie Seay show in Olathe, Ks. last week. Very cool! Although S&S and Robbie were kind of mellow, leaving it difficult for me to get amped up for Crowder. Too much of a change, but all in all great. It was their last date on the tour so Crowder played "Freebird" in its entirety for their tech crew. I'm still not sure if I liked it or not, but I'll give them props for diving into an idea and sticking with it! Some of the air left the room, but David recovered well with his humor. Bringing everybody out to close the show was nice on "I saw the Light". Tons of Andies and great tone of course.

thecaleb
12-03-2005, 03:01 PM
I saw DCB in olathe too. Shane and Shane were amazing and crowder was too. However, it seemed that they shied away from their deeper songs, they only did the ones with heavy crowd participation. They didn't do rescue or come awake, which i was hoping for, but what got me was that they didn't do a beautiful collision, which is odd since it was the title track plus the name of the tour. All in all, though, a good concert. The atoms and the crowdsters sounded amazing.