PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to Brian Harris

bruce
10-31-2005, 01:10 PM
Brian,
Tell us how your gigs went in LA.. Some fans commented on how amazing your volume pot works now.

BrianH
11-02-2005, 08:36 AM
The show went great, thanks to my new volume pot (or should I say, thanks for my volume pot being put back to normal!).
The best part of coming back to L.A. to play was getting the chance to finally make it out to Newbury Park.
It was a treat to meet everyone and see the home to my favorite guitars, and when Tom gave me that new guitar...I couldn't hold back the emotion.... (kidding).

You guys were great...........as for the gig; not so great. The shows were set up inconjunction with Queen playing L.A., and they didn't go as the promoter had planned (shocking, I know).
Fairly typical L.A. show; Club management treated us like crap, we weren't allowed to use some of our own gear and they refused to put mic's on the guitar and bass rig. We were supposed to play for 2 hours.........we played for 45 minutes, etc.

Ah what the hec, it's only 1500 miles.

Most important - we got payed what they promised (which I still can't believe!).

andersonguy
11-11-2005, 09:29 AM
The show went great, thanks to my new volume pot (or should I say, thanks for my volume pot being put back to normal!).
The best part of coming back to L.A. to play was getting the chance to finally make it out to Newbury Park.
It was a treat to meet everyone and see the home to my favorite guitars, and when Tom gave me that new guitar...I couldn't hold back the emotion.... (kidding).

You guys were great...........as for the gig; not so great. The shows were set up inconjunction with Queen playing L.A., and they didn't go as the promoter had planned (shocking, I know).
Fairly typical L.A. show; Club management treated us like crap, we weren't allowed to use some of our own gear and they refused to put mic's on the guitar and bass rig. We were supposed to play for 2 hours.........we played for 45 minutes, etc.

Most important - we got payed what they promised (which I still can't believe!).

Wow, that DOES sound like a typical LA gig, did they shuffle you off the stage as quickly as they could?

Mark Dunn
11-11-2005, 03:46 PM

What club ??

sylvanshine
11-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Not to speak for Brian H, but it was BB Kings.

guitarzan
11-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Wow, that DOES sound like a typical LA gig, did they shuffle you off the stage as quickly as they could?

no, not "SHUFFLE", they HERD you on and off stage. I'm surprised there aren't pens, like at the rodeo and livestock shows. All you can do while you're waiting for your load-in is to sit there (in an alley off of Sunset Blvd) mooing.

BrianH
11-11-2005, 06:34 PM
It wasn't a shuffle or a herd - it was a straight up "Get the F#$@% Out; it's closing time".

andersonguy
11-12-2005, 12:25 PM
It wasn't a shuffle or a herd - it was a straight up "Get the F#$@% Out; it's closing time".
Yeah, that sounds about right...
Nice... Very nice... :mad: