PDA

View Full Version : The invoice for my Drop Top showed up today. . .

GaryMcT
10-27-2005, 06:06 PM
The invoice for my Drop Top showed up today via fax at the dealer. What does that typically mean as to when it's going to show up here in the northwest?

I'm kind of excited in case you were wondering. :)

sylvanshine
10-27-2005, 06:16 PM
My experience has been that it means that it's shipped and should be there today or tomorrow.

Devnor
10-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Pre-grats!

GaryMcT
10-27-2005, 06:47 PM
My experience has been that it means that it's shipped and should be there today or tomorrow.

I hope that's the case. .would make for a very nice weekend. :)

tom
10-27-2005, 07:43 PM
it did ship today.

GaryMcT
10-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Thanks Tom! I can't wait! :)

Dave K
10-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? ;)
Knowing what's on the truck and waiting for delivery sucks. :D

GaryMcT
10-28-2005, 03:44 PM
Well, Mr. UPS Guy didn't have it today, so I'm assuming Monday will be the day.

Dave, you'll have to come over and check it out (and spend some quality time with the Atom) when after it shows up.

enr1co
10-30-2005, 10:53 AM
UPS from CA to WA should take only 2-3 business days so MON should be the day! Congrats and hope you get some sleep tonite ;)

e

Dave K
10-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Any sign of the brown truck,Gary? :D

GaryMcT
10-31-2005, 04:35 PM
Mr. Brown didn't have it today. :(

guitarzan
10-31-2005, 05:37 PM
"these are the times that try mens' souls..."

olectric
10-31-2005, 05:50 PM
"these are the times that try mens' souls..."

Holy crap that's funny!

...it's also sad because it's mildly true!

Dave K
11-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Today has to be the day. ;)

GaryMcT
11-01-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm waiting for the call. . . don't let me down Mr. Brown!

GaryMcT
11-01-2005, 03:22 PM
It's here!!! Full report after I pick it up. :)

Dave K
11-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Finally!!!!! http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/1074.gif

GaryMcT
11-02-2005, 03:22 AM
I finally stopped playing so that I can write something about my new guitar here. You can check out the specs from the serial number in my sig. I'll get some pictures up soon.

This guitar plays like butter! I'm very happy. I actually feel kinda guilty for having two guitars that are so nice. If I had to have only one, it would be the Drop Top over the Atom.

The H2 sounds really good here. . sounds a bit more powerful and fuller than in the Atom, although the power part might be all about pickup height.

The setup is phenomenal (better than from the factory on my Atom).

The one thing that was done differently than the stock Switcheroo is to make it so that the blower gives you the H2 in series, and the bridge switch gives you parallel or split. Works very well. I really like the sound of the parallel bridge by itself, and I like being able to split the bridge so that it cancels with the middle split pickup.

The rest is probably old news to all of you that have Drop Tops.

I love the split neck SA sound. . .it sounds far superior than the neck humbucking position. I would only use the humbucking version if I had a lot of hum (which is the intent I'm sure.)

The neck and middle split sound is out of this world. It's a bit more in your face than a vintage strat. . I like it that way. The personality of a strat is really amplified here. . I love it.

The split neck sound and the split neck/middle sounds through a Twin-Reverb-ish amp is heavenly (in my case the Blackface module for the Randall/Egnater RM50B.)

The trem is setup perfectly. . . I can drop D without it messing up, and the strings only go ever so slightly flat when I bend so that the trem is very smooth to use. (Any looser and it would be floating.) The intonation is great all over the neck, of course, and the trem stays in tune quite well.

I haven't spent much time with the powerbridge yet. The little bit that I tried at the store sounded pretty promising. Might have to find one of those Mama Bear preamps to try. I need to read up on the powerblend to see if I should get one of those.

My poor strat. . it's never going to get played again. I might have to give it to a friend that'll appreciate it.

brian b
11-02-2005, 09:32 AM
[QUOTE=GaryMc

My poor strat. . it's never going to get played again. I might have to give it to a friend that'll appreciate it.[/QUOTE

OOOOO ME ME I an apreciate it :rolleyes:

enr1co
11-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Gary,

Congrats on the new arrival!

We'd better see pics today since you've had time to play with it! ;)

e

Dave K
11-02-2005, 06:00 PM
I actually feel kinda guilty for having two guitars that are so nice.

Whoa, hang on there! Owning two nice guitars is nothing to feel guilty about.
Until you can't count them on your fingers or don't remember what's in the cases, you should relax and enjoy your instruments. Speaking from experience. ;)
Now turn up the amp and let your neighbors know you have a some new tones! :D

GaryMcT
11-02-2005, 06:25 PM
I suspect that the neighbors are wondering why I'm playing all this sparkly shimmery stuff instead of the usual overdrive. :)

I brought the Drop Top into work today to show some folks. . some of them were wondering why anyone would pay that much for a guitar. . . now they understand. :)

GaryMcT
11-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Dave, you going to come over and check both guitars out?

Dave K
11-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Uh-oh. I've been doing very well in my Anderson Acquisition Syndrome Anonymous meetings. ;)
Will I fall off the wagon if I play your guitars? :D

guitarzan
11-02-2005, 09:55 PM
I actually feel kinda guilty for having two guitars that are so nice.

I'm glad you're coming to your senses, Gary. I'm gonna need you to go ahead and send me that Drop Top while you sit and think about what you've done here...

:cool:

GaryMcT
11-03-2005, 03:54 AM
Uh-oh. I've been doing very well in my Anderson Acquisition Syndrome Anonymous meetings. ;)
Will I fall off the wagon if I play your guitars? :D

I think you'll be okay with the Drop Top. . . you have equally as nice Drop Tops if I remember correctly. The Atom is more of a risk. I'll put some rusty strings on the Atom so that it won't be a problem. :)

(By the way, Dave REALLY helped me figure out my spec by allowing me to come over and try all of his guitars with their various configs. . super helpful and definitely helped me figure out what I want.)

Dave K
11-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Thanks. I'm glad it helped steer you in the right direction.
These days I spend more time mountain biking than playing. Although with this weather I might need pontoons on my bike. :eek: