PDA

View Full Version : Pre & EQ for Powerbridge

Tremendo
10-27-2005, 02:44 PM
Hey everyone,

I just got an '03 Gold Sparkle Cobra with the powerbridge, thinking the powerbridge would work for my 3 piece band as my Parker Fly Deluxe does, to get the acoustic sounds. My Parker has an on board EQ, and I don't want a foot pedal to deal with (ie: Power Blend), so I ran the Cobra through an active DI to my PA yeserday and used a Joe Meek VC6Q (Pre/EQ/Comp) as an insert and at my house it sounded good. It's tough to tell here how true the acoustic sound is or how easy it will be to use, but is this something that others have done, or does everyone seem to get an accoustic pre or powerblend pedal?

BTW - Love the tone on the Cobra. I'm looking to get a Hollow Cobra or Hollow Drop Top now.

sylvanshine
10-27-2005, 04:47 PM
I run my PowerBridge equipped Andersons into a custom Looper A/B/Y ring/tip splitter with a stereo cable and out to a Bogner Ecstacy Classic and a SWR California Blonde. Mic the Bogner and then run a mic cable out the XLR output on the back of the SWR. The splitter allows me to go electric, piezo or both. What I hear out of the amps is what is coming out the mains.

SWR allows me to dial in a great warm sound, in fact, too much low end usually. Have to back that off. Add a splash of reverb.

I bagged on the Powerblend a long time ago. Too big for my pedal board. Always hated that Morley sized stuff.

Tremendo
10-27-2005, 06:16 PM
I run my PowerBridge equipped Andersons into a custom Looper A/B/Y ring/tip splitter with a stereo cable....
Thanks for the ideas. I would need some sort of on/off/volume control for the Powerbridge, maybe just run it through a volume control pedal. I have that on the Fly Deluxe, and for my needs it's worked pretty well. I'm just trying to keep it all as simple as possible, my rig is down to my Mark III with a GT-6 and that's it.

How about a stereo plug with a switch near the end that plugs into the guitar, killing the powerbridge signal when desired?

I'm also trying to see if this works for me before my next Tom Anderson procurement. ;)

sylvanshine
10-27-2005, 06:23 PM
This is what I use...
http://www.loooper.com/TRSabyBlack.JPG

Have also used the Boss Line Selector and Hosa stereo split cable
http://www.rolandus.com/images/products/pedals_tuners/LS-2m.gif
http://www.hosatech.com/hosa/images/YPP-136.gif

Tremendo
10-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the pics. The Looper looks cool, I found them online, neat stuff. I'm looking to see if the Boss would work for me, with the volume control there it might be the best. As long as the Powerbridge sounds good through the Joe Meek VC6Q, any of those would probably work.

edwarddavis
10-30-2005, 07:11 AM
Just curious, I also have Andersons with a power bridge. Anybody know why they changed from the old style wit the backs. I have noth types and the baggs in my opinion is much better, it must be cost. I had a parker and a Godin while the guitars are not Andersons their acoustic systems where much better to use. The Power blend pedal is a hassle and I kinda don`t even utilize the acoustic anymore. I really wish Anderson would have a acoustic Volume and Tone right on the guitar like a Parker. I tried a new parker p-46 which is not a bad guitar and it had a Fishman but it has a separate volume and tone and 3-way switch to switch from electric or acoustic and it sounded great. They used a stacked tone control that was for electricand acoustic and I though I really wish my andersons had it. :p
Whats your thoughts.

Tremendo
10-30-2005, 10:17 AM
Just thinking... It is more convenient MOST of the time to have the knobs on my Parker Fly Deluxe, but there are some songs (ex: Comfortably Numb) that it's tough to hit the switch/knobs while playing without missing a beat (especially while singing). At those few times a foot pedal would be better, but I'm just trying to keep things simple.

Maybe for the Anderson the simple on/off switch on the floor will work for the powerbridge, even though there will be no way to locally control the acoustic volume. (You can just lower the Anderson tone control to turn off or blend the magnetic pickups). But an external pre is still needed for the Powerbridge.

Suriel Zayas
10-30-2005, 07:09 PM
trem, you might want to reach out to ryan at pacific custom pedals (http://www.pacificustompedals.com) he has put together some really cool a/b/y pedals for me. i have used them for powerbridge equipped guitar and takes away the need for the powerblend pedal, but i like the ease of the powerblend.