PDA

View Full Version : BF Intonation

Stan Malinowski
12-30-2003, 08:26 AM
How is the proper way to set the intonation on a BF equipped guitar? I know how to set it on a non-BF guitar using my Peterson VS-II Tuner. I've gone to the BF website but cannot find any info there.

Also I find it interesting that the BF Website says no re-adjustment is necessary provided your string selection lies between .009 & .011. On my PRSi changing from .009 (factory standard) to .010 requires re-intonation.

dpeterson
12-30-2003, 02:16 PM
here is a page i whipped up a few years ago that has all the offsets, i use a peterson 490, so i have to manually hit the + or -, not that big of a deal.

click here for the offsets (http://www.activewebcreation.com/buzz.htm)

Dave

Stan Malinowski
12-30-2003, 02:55 PM
Very Cool!!!, Thank You Dave!!!!

tom
12-30-2003, 11:41 PM
dave's chart is great.
buzz is a great guitar player with great ears, but he is not the greatest comunicator. for best results when changing string gauge, always reintonate. i think that the spirit of buzz's comment is that even when intonation is not perfectly set, it still sounds better than even temperament. i have experienced playing a set and feeling like i was really in tune. when finished i would check tuning and find i was a bit out. to me the system just has a larger ballpark of pleasant sounding chords.

Scott Peterson
01-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Dave,

Thanks for doing that guide to offsets. Very cool.

Seeing your user handle is funny for me; my dad is Darrell and goes by DPeterson all the time. Sort of makes me want to call home and say hi to dad! :D