PDA

View Full Version : Neck wear

sylvanshine
10-15-2005, 05:31 PM
How long do you have to play your Anderson to get this awesome neck wear?
http://www.sylvanshine.net/IMG_1387.JPG

BFC
10-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Maybe his day job is at a machine shop and the neck is just really dirty. ;) :D

tom
10-15-2005, 06:38 PM
i believe that's an '89! it's seen lots of years on the road. only been refretted once.

brian b
10-15-2005, 06:39 PM
It looks like a true relic. Maybe that will be a new option. :D

tom
10-16-2005, 12:07 AM
gotta put the hours in and do that yourself.

bruce
10-16-2005, 02:49 AM
i think thats a no..

bruce
10-16-2005, 02:57 AM
If I remember correctly, his tech uses steel wool to clean up the frets on a regular basis.. hence the worn down finish. I remember when I did the re-fret there were steel wool bits in every nook and cranny even under the pickguard and the little notch for the truss rod adjust... sort of like lint in a belly-button.

dannopelli
10-16-2005, 07:44 PM
gotta put the hours in and do that yourself.

THE WAY IT SOULD BE! AMEN!

BrianH
10-17-2005, 04:51 PM
i think thats a no..Correct me if I'm wrong but I do seem to remember a relic Anderson of some sort..........maybe in black or something...........

tom
10-17-2005, 05:07 PM
in the early 90's when we ere learning to paint, we did a black hollow t classic in relic dress. it became a loaner and went to nashville to dan huff. he didn't want to send it back so we sold it to him. that's the closest thing to a relic i remember.

njjessee
10-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Would this be the one?

Noah

BrianH
10-17-2005, 08:12 PM
No, not that one but very close.
It was a post production that Bruce did (and did an amazing job) for one of our customers back in '01 (or earlier; can't remember).
Plain Jane Hollow T Classic in Black with a maple neck. Weighed about 2 lbs. and looked 40 years old - played like butter.

My thought on the relic thing is the player should put the beating into the guitar by playing it; it makes it more personal and special.
I can't remember where every nick,scratch and ding in my own #1 came from - but the ones I do remember are very special.

On a different note (hijack); we are playing in Los Angeles for a rare two nighter this weekend. Maybe this time I won't get lost on the way to the shop (and you guys can fix all those nicks, scrathes and dings!).

guitarzan
10-17-2005, 09:25 PM
we are playing in Los Angeles for a rare two nighter this weekend.

where are you playing?

tom
10-17-2005, 10:23 PM
that photo of dan is the one. i don't count the stuff employees do for themselves, those are supposed to be secret.
when are you coming in and leaving?

bruce
10-18-2005, 03:16 AM
Brian,

That Black Hollow T Classic you are refering to was one I built for myself in 98. I ended up selling it a about a year ago here in town... You may have even had it at your store on consignment... some guy wanted it and borrowed it a lot but never came up with the $$ from what I remember.

BrianH
10-18-2005, 07:39 AM
Coming in Thursday night and back out very early Sunday morning.
We are playing in conjunction with Queen's Hollywood Bowl shows (doing their after show-show); we'll be at Universal on Friday and B.B. Kings on Sat.

That Hollow T goes back to '98; man time flys.

taclassic
10-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Brian,

Are you playing the outdoor stage at Universal Citywalk? My wife is taking me to the Hardrock Cafe for my B-day dinner. I would love to ctach you guys.

michaelomiya
10-18-2005, 03:03 PM
....there were steel wool bits in every nook and cranny even under the pickguard and the little notch for the truss rod adjust... sort of like lint in a belly-button.

Bruce, that's nasty! :D

sylvanshine
10-18-2005, 04:14 PM
For you LA forum members, DO NOT miss this rare West Coast appearance of Queen For A Day featuring our good buddy Brian. They are quite simply as close to classic Queen as you can get today. Brian stangles notes out of his Drop Top T that boggle. Alan is an amazing drummer, Jimmy is the best bass player who can sing the high notes that you'll find and Greg does a DROP DEAD Freddie Mercury.

Highly recommend.

brian b
10-18-2005, 06:26 PM
For you LA forum members, DO NOT miss this rare West Coast appearance of Queen For A Day featuring our good buddy Brian. They are quite simply as close to classic Queen as you can get today. Brian stangles notes out of his Drop Top T that boggle. Alan is an amazing drummer, Jimmy is the best bass player who can sing the high notes that you'll find and Greg does a DROP DEAD Freddie Mercury.

Highly recommend.

+++++++++2