PDA

View Full Version : nut noise on the g-string

guitarzan
10-14-2005, 02:22 PM
something tells me that sylvanshine is gonna be all over that thread title...

When I do bends on the G string, I hear a pretty loud creaking at the nut- and it has just started here in the last month or so. (If these HTC's weren't so dang resonant, it wouldn't be a problem:) ) I'm gonna order some Nut Sauce because guys swear by it, but is there something I can use in the meantime for this weekend's gigs? I've heard of guys crushing up the graphite from a pencil lead and pushing that down in there. Is that kosher for the guitar/nut?

thanks y'all.

tom
10-14-2005, 03:33 PM
don't like the power stuff. the powder can build up and make the string bind. vaseline works fine.

guitarzan
10-14-2005, 06:42 PM
don't like the power stuff. the powder can build up and make the string bind. vaseline works fine.

thanks much, Tom.

*ToneLounge came bearing gifts today, huh? I loved the one he called "the hero". It makes my all-mahogany one sound like there's a blanket over it.

ToneLounge
10-14-2005, 07:08 PM
Tom liked the Mahogany/Cedar one, too! Now it's back to the shop to work on the Rosewood guitars...

sylvanshine
10-14-2005, 10:34 PM
something tells me that sylvanshine is gonna be all over that thread title...
Guitarzan, I'm a changed man. I've got 3 babies to think about. My 3rd grade humor just won't play anymore. I'm a responsible dad.

sylvanshine
10-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Nuts...Sauce...Vaseline....G-string...bind

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!!!!!!!

olectric
10-15-2005, 08:50 AM
that is hilarious. long live extremely immature humor!